PDA

View Full Version : Choate Stocks question

swatman
July 20, 2002, 03:49 PM
Been thinking of getting a Choate stock for my Savage. They look pretty good and the price is fair. Does anyone here use them or have any experience with them? How durable are they? how well do they improve your shooting? All feedback welcome. :)

MADISON
July 20, 2002, 03:57 PM
Back in the 80's Choate wasn't carrying any liablity insurance and most gun shops wouldn't carry them.

DMK
July 20, 2002, 04:50 PM
I don't have a Savage, but I just put a Chaote dragunov on my SKS.

I'm really impressed with the quality of it. It is very well made. It feels much stronger than the wood stock that was on there. Interestingly, it's actually heavier than the wood stock.

Choates are expensive, but I saved about $30 by getting a brand new one from a guy at Gunbroker.com .

ghillieman
July 21, 2002, 12:21 AM
do it man!!!!!!!! have a savage with a choate its cool dont even think not doing it..............

swatman
July 21, 2002, 12:50 PM
I have heard that the varminter version is better than the ultimate sniper version, in that it is lighter and less bulky, yet I think from what I understand that there are some features the USS has that the varminter lacks. I don't actually know the specs of the varminter stock. What is the difference besides weight?

swatman
July 22, 2002, 06:11 PM
anyone?? :( :confused:

Chief Jones
July 22, 2002, 06:45 PM
Just put a Choate on my Savage 110. The basic black matte. Looks good, floated & bedded well & feels good (not hollow). I recommend it.

swatman
July 24, 2002, 04:23 PM
Is it the Super sniper or the Varminter Model?