PDA

View Full Version : Input wanted on Bushmaster M17S Bullpup

Exiled And Addicted
May 20, 1999, 11:22 AM
Hmmm, seems to me this is by far best value all-purpose utility/defense/varminter carbine: Lightweight, accuracy of an AR, but much cleaner, cost of mini-14 (maybe a little more), and takes AR mags. Sounds great... Any downsides?

[This message has been edited by Exiled And Addicted (edited May 20, 1999).]

Rosco Benson
May 20, 1999, 12:31 PM
A fellow named Mark Penman has a review of this weapon on his website. He details the changes he had to make to correct some deficiencies with the piece. Bullpups offer the advantage of short overall length for a given barrel length, but they point like chainsaws...all the weight is rearward.
His website is.... http://www.ipass.net/~mpenman/index.htm

Rosco

chucko
May 22, 1999, 11:25 PM
I've owned my M17S for about 2 years. Its a great little rifle. It has a very simple design and I have had no reliability problems. The open sights are not so hot. I put a Trijicon Reflex on it, and I'm quite pleased. The trigger is heavy. I've done some work on it that lightend it up a bit. Its more accurate than you might think. If you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Chuck

[This message has been edited by chucko (edited May 23, 1999).]

hksigwalther
May 23, 1999, 12:15 AM
If you can find a copy of the April 1999 issue of Small Arms Review they have a writeup on it.

- Ron V.

------------------

Exiled And Addicted
May 24, 1999, 02:29 PM
Thanks, guys. Chucko, how about "pointing like a chainsaw"?

chucko
May 24, 1999, 02:59 PM
By "Pointing like a chainsaw" I beleave he means that since most of the weight is in the rear, you can bring the front end around quickly.

Thats my best guess

Chuck