PDA

View Full Version : Finally..UPS Guy showed up

Redlg155
July 3, 2002, 06:42 PM
The saga began when I placed my order with Ammoman.com at 1 AM in the morning. Impulse decision. I wait and at 8 am ammoman sends me confirmation that my package is ready to go. From there it leaves and daily I check the status on my order.

I wonder..will fate smile upon me and give me my ammo quicker? No. I am at the mercy of UPS. They will give it to me the scheduled day and not sooner.

Finally the day comes and I only have to work in the morning. I check the status before work...scheduled for delivery. Ohhh come little man in brown...oh come. I call from work. My wife answers and immediately tells me "Nope. No UPS Man". Inside I groan. Could the UPS man have failed me? Nooo.. I come home from work. 1PM. No UPS box. Grrrrrr...I wait some more. My children play quietly suspecting something is amiss. My wife goes to the store. We are only allowed to leave the house in shifts, lest my coveted package arrives and no one is home. She tells me of an accident on the parkway. Ohhh Nooo! Was there a UPS truck involved?" No " she states and rolls her eyes. Whew..close one. I go on TFL and do a couple of posts. "Oh..did you get my chips?" Again she rolls her eyes displaying her apparent lack of sympathy for my mental condition.

I check the status again on computer to make sure I'm not nuts. Finally at 5PM I hear the knock. It is the unmistakeable knock of someone wanting my attention quickly. Silently I go to the peephole lest I be surprised by religious jesuits in persuit of future membership. All is well, a man in brown is there and no suits and ties, unless it is an unsuspecting ploy by the jesuits..then they got me. I put on a calm demeanor prior to opening the door. If I had a smoking jacket complete with cigarillo I would don such a costume. No..Gym shorts and T shirt will have to do. Yes..I am He. Yes..Yes..Yes..Thank You very much.

Now go away little brown man until I need you again.:D

I hope I'm not the only person like this..please tell me I'm not nuts!!:D

Anyway..I got my 500 rounds of S&B. Good stuff, but in different packaging than the older ammo. Quality looks to be the same. They( ammoman) even threw in a neat "Terrorist Hunting Permit" refrigerator magnet.:p

Hopefully It will perform as well as the older stuff I purchased some time ago. I'll post a report soon on it in my new USPC .45.

Good Shooting
RED

OF
July 3, 2002, 06:47 PM
Now go away little brown man until I need you again.LOL! Hehehe. You are not alone. When I was a kid, they told me there was no Santa Claus. Now that I'm older, I know they were wrong! Not only is there a Santa, she's wearing a brown uniform and comes right to the door! :)

- Gabe

bastiat
July 3, 2002, 06:56 PM
Go to X10.com and get one of their remote cameras. Then youc an tell who's at your door while you're on the computer. You can even hook it up to the Internet so you can watch from work!