PDA

View Full Version : Walther P99 and where to buy

Iron Viking
June 27, 2002, 10:41 AM
I am interested in buying a new P99 in 9mm, but the gunshops around me are charging an arm and a leg for them. Both of the shops in my area want around $600 for one. I see a lot of you guys are getting them for under $500. Can you point me in the right direction. Any on-line shops that offer good prices? Any shops in Virginia? Thanks!

spooky
June 27, 2002, 10:53 AM
I got mine in Mississippi for $589 with tax. The lowest I have heard is a closeout for $579 with tax through some trusted shops here in MS. You could try them if you want. I only have phone numbers. If you want them just PM me.

Incursion
June 27, 2002, 11:19 AM
I just bought one for $479. That includes shipping and the FFL transfer fee. There's a guy named Joseph Galibois selling them on www.gunbroker.com for that price.

SouthpawShootr
June 27, 2002, 11:28 AM
You might visit the gunshow coming up in Mechanicsville (just outside of Richmond). Last show several of these dealers had P99s for under $500. I'm on my lunch break, so I don't have addresses but names that come to mind are:

Patriot Services (don't know what city, but they do have a website and are located in VA).

Dark Sun Surplus (located in Richmond, near as I can tell, they do not have a website).

The Armory (located in Va Beach, P99s run about $500 or so and they do have a website).

There are many, many others at the show who have good prices. A dealer that I really like it Tommy Thompson (sells alot of Glocks, but has also had P99s last couple of shows $489-499).

Patriot Services and Dark Sun both had P99s for $469 at the last show. I bought a QPQ standard P99 from Dark Sun and my dad bought a P99QA from Patriot Services.

Iron Viking
June 27, 2002, 11:42 AM
Thanks SouthPawShootr. I know a couple of those shops. I live up in N. VA and they make it up for the gun shows in Dale City. Patriot Services and Dark Sun both have great prices in my experience. It's been awhile since I've attended the local gun show, so I could'nt remember what they carry. I'll keep an eye out at the next show.

I take it from your name you are a lefty. I'm a lefty too. Would you say the P99's features are easy to operate as a lefty. I'm used to the slide release being on the left - haven't found a pistol that has this as an ambidextrous feature (although the new HK p2000 is supposed to have it). How do you like the decocker? Is that easy to operate or do you have to use your off hand to do it? Thanks

Incursion
June 27, 2002, 02:12 PM
Iron, the HK P7 is completely ambidexterous. In fact I think it's easier to hit the slide catch if you're left handed.

Catbird
June 27, 2002, 10:04 PM
Iron Viking -

I just bought my second Walther P99 last Saturday at the Bealeton gun show from Trader Jerry. His starting price was $499 "on sale" for $489 but I told him about Dark Sun's $469 price...so he matched Dark Sun's price. (I was specifically looking for an all-German P99 in .40 Auto and neither Dark Sun nor Patriot Svcs. had one.)

The next Dale City gun show is July 20-21 and the next Bealeton gun show is August 10-11.

Whatever you do, I highly recommend that you insist on the all-German P99.

Modifiedbrowning
June 28, 2002, 02:18 AM
Check out www.gunsamerica.com , lots of P99's for 499.95. One of these dealers is Gulfstream sports. I have heard very good things about them at www.parkcitiestactical.com