PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Tikka

Kcustom45
June 20, 2002, 11:35 AM
I am looking for a Tikka rifle with a synthetic stock and open sights, but I haven't seen them anywhere but on Tikka's web sight. I picked up a Tikka brochure yesterday and the only rifle it showed with open sights was the Battue Light. Did Tikka stop making their rifles with open sights or am I missing something? The other thing that confused me is that the rifles in the brochure are called Hunter, Hunter Pro, Hunter Deluxe, Ect., but the rifles on their web site are called Master, Master Pro, Master Deluxe, Ect. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Smith
June 20, 2002, 11:44 AM
Looks like the Master, Master Pro, Master Deluxe, Master Battue, and Master Synthetic all come with sights. The Synthetic and Battue would both fit your bill. I thkn they've dropped the Hunter moniker(???) but all are built for hunting except the Master Sporter.

DougB
June 21, 2002, 02:12 AM
A friend of mine just got a Tikka Whitetail Hunter in .308 with a synthetic stock. He would have liked to have iron sights (for backup in case of a scope problem), but we couldn't find one with them, and I think I read somewhere that they don't sell the iron sighted version in the U.S. Now that he's got the one without sights, I do think it looks nicer, and I think the chances of ever needing the iron sights are pretty slim.

Doug