PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 belt feed conversion

Trapdoor Billy
October 21, 1998, 05:00 PM
Fella in local shop was asking if this can be done, owner said he saw something a few years ago out of somewhere in FL., but has not seen lately. I told them I would ask. Is there anything like this out there?

Thanks

Rob Pincus
October 21, 1998, 05:05 PM
yes, It was demo'd at the most recent Knob Creek Shoot. Supposedly they worked the bugs out. I would've told you were to find info, but the NFA board I freqent is down right now. I'll keep looking. you might also check Small Arms Review Magazine

Trapdoor Billy
October 21, 1998, 05:23 PM
Thanks Rob, that was quick. If you board comes back up pass info on please. I'm on the horn to the shop now with mag. name.
Thanks
Bill

fal308
October 22, 1998, 09:11 AM
Have you tried Vollmer yet?

Rob Pincus
October 22, 1998, 10:48 AM
yeah, but I have some guys I talk with at TB's, anybody know what happened to his board?

Kodiac
October 22, 1998, 10:55 AM
The Army had a few belt fed 16's but they all ended up trashed... I believe they were for APC crewmen. Since the adoption of the M-249 and the APC GUN PORT version of the 16, the belt fed model was left behind as one of the many ODDITIES out there. Kinda like the F-20 TigerShark. Okay, maybe not - the F-20 was actually a fantastic plane, just nobody ever bought one. But it is an example of an oddity. Wait... What was I talking about?

fal308
October 23, 1998, 09:41 AM
TB's board is back up.

ereikes
October 28, 1998, 07:25 PM
Ares Defense manufacturing is producing one right now. You can't get pictures of it, because of patent reasons. I think they are supposed to come out begining of next year and cost around $1200-$1500 for the upper...

I think it takes minimi boxes.