PDA

View Full Version : Detonics Combat Master

September11
June 11, 2002, 10:24 AM
I have seen several Detonics Combat Master pistols for sale on Guns America.
Do any of you have experience with these? What do you think?

FPrice
June 11, 2002, 10:29 AM
I had one and liked it a lot. I did have a Seattle version, do not know how the later ones from Phoenix (?) were. Mine did need a little extra attention from the factory (it seems like many of them did) but worked well after.

FWIW, I knew the three employees who worked at Seattle and all of them were really good people. It was a shame that the business went under. I personally think that it was (at least partially) a case of trying to do to much too fast with a brand new product.

JFrame
June 11, 2002, 11:05 AM
I've had a Detonics Combat Professional (basically the Combat Master with adjustable rear sights) for about 16-17 years. Along with my Glock 27, it's the only semiauto I've owned that has digested virtually every reasonable load that's been put through it... Not one hiccup to my recollection. The little gem was built for reliability! :) It can also handle some fairly heavy loads without undue recoil due to its heft.

RickB
June 11, 2002, 12:56 PM
I have a Mk 1 that I carry, and shoot in IDPA matches. Out of the box, it shot OK, but not for very long. After about 20-30 rounds, it would start to mis-feed and fail to eject. I replaced all of the springs, including the mag spring, and polished the internals in the more-or-less standard 1911 areas, and the gun has since run like a champ. As luck would have it, the only parts that show any wear are the parts that are peculiar to the Combat Master, that can't be readily purchased or converted from similar 1911 parts - the guide rod and reverse plug.