PDA

View Full Version : Love the Garand

Chief Jones
June 8, 2002, 06:49 PM
Just got back from shooting a few through my M1. Every time I take it to the range, I reflect back on all the soldiers & Marines who carried it into combat. Love the recoil & the ka-ching. ANd of course it's capable of better accurace than I am. Ain't it great to own a piece of history?? :)

Ewok_Guy
June 8, 2002, 07:04 PM
Best damn feeling in the world! :D

Southla1
June 8, 2002, 07:47 PM
You got that right Chief! Ya can't help but love the rifle and the guys that carried it! they both did their job just fine!

vanfunk
June 8, 2002, 08:32 PM
I just got back from shooting most of my military rifle collection: WIN-13 M1 Garand, M1 carbine, Gustloff Werke K98k, DSA FAL, No.4 MK1* Enfield, and even my Bushmaster M4gery and a buddy's M1A. You know what? The ol' Garand beat 'em all for groups at 100 yards, even with 46 year old surplus ammo. You just gotta love that M1!
vanfunk

klh8
June 10, 2002, 08:13 AM
Know what you mean Chief Jones!I have 2 garands.Would not take anthing for them.
Roland Beaver is working on one of them right now.Should get it back in a month or so.Can't wait.
3 Cheers for our brave men who carried them that fought for our freedom.

foghornl
June 10, 2002, 12:03 PM
I have a 1955 vintage IHC made Garand. Two reasons...My long deceased father carried the M-1 in the WW2 Pacific Theater, and from 1953-1959, helped make M-1's atr the IHC Machine Works, Evansville, IN.

Rifle, in better hands than mine, can still hit a dinner plate consistantly @ 900Yds using Fed match Ammo