PDA

View Full Version : Glock 20 replacement mag bodies??

Carbon_15
June 3, 2002, 11:12 AM
Anyone know of a source for high cap replacement mag bodies? My poor Glock 20 high caps are getting pretty ragged.

SGT405
June 3, 2002, 11:28 AM
Have you tried Glock USA? Also try TopGlock or Glockmeister.

Jack T.
June 3, 2002, 11:59 AM
Try Smitty on gunbroker.com. . .I saw he was carrying some.

http://gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4111512

These are for 17/19, but I would imagine he could get 20's. . .

JohnKSa
June 3, 2002, 08:33 PM
If they are just ugly looking you're on your own.

If they are not functioning properly, send the mags to Glock. There's a very good chance that they will send you replacements.

Carbon_15
June 3, 2002, 11:00 PM
I called Glock and they said thy would only fix or replace them if the tube is split or the magazine is non-functioning. They wont sell or send out replacement tubes.

blades67
June 3, 2002, 11:06 PM
That's how they keep you honest. You won't be tempted to build an illegal postban magazine if you can't get the magazine tube to begin with. If the polymer starts splitting, they will replace the magazine tube.

lockandrock
June 3, 2002, 11:45 PM
One of the popular gun mags had an advertisement of a 3rd party that was producing replacement HI_CAP mag bodies. I can't remember the mag but I do belive it was in the back of "Gun World".

find the magazine and give them a call. (IIRC) they didn't have g20 mags bodies available till later on this summer.

JohnKSa
June 3, 2002, 11:46 PM
I called Glock and they said thy would only fix or replace them if the tube is split or the magazine is non-functioning. They wont sell or send out replacement tubes.

There's your answer. Use them until they quit working or split. Then Glock will fix them for free.

mattjoe
June 14, 2002, 11:53 AM
La Prade Glock Accessories
LaPrade Rt 10, Box 240AGL, Tazwell, TN 37879
Fax number is 423 733 2073

I haven't used them myself, they are drop free, and i dont know how else to get in touch with them. But that should be all you need.

Carbon_15
June 14, 2002, 12:33 PM
I sent my bum NFML hi-cap back to Glock the other day. They replaced the tube with a new FML drop-free body for free. I should be getting it back any day now. THis is my first experiance with Glock's repair department, but it has been a good one. Kinda puts my mind at ease should something ever happen to my Glock's.

jayhway
June 14, 2002, 01:02 PM
im pretty sure that Scherer is making new mag bodies for fullcap glock mags.

blades67
June 14, 2002, 08:00 PM
im(sic) pretty sure that Scherer is making new mag bodies for fullcap glock(sic) mags.

The magazine tubes that Scherer is making for the Glock 20 is garbage. Good for tap, rack, bang drills, but not much else.