PDA

View Full Version : Remington 7400 report

robctwo
June 2, 2002, 10:07 PM
I took my new synthetic 7400 to the range to sight it in today. I hadn't bore sighted it, but have see through mounts, so I rough sighted at 50 yds. I was about 18" below the bottom of the target. I cranked it up, got about 1/2 way. Cranked again and got on the target. A couple more adjustments and started on the 100 yd target. Five more rounds and I was about where I want to be, but the bbl was pretty warm and the scope was moving a bit after adjustment. That seems pretty normal with a new scope.

I had my 9mm with the new Hakan Pek grips, so fired off 3 15 round mags at the 50 yd targets. Grips felt good. Natural birch looks great on the black CZ 75 BD.

The '06 cooled down. Two more shots for adjustment, then four rounds in the 2" by 2" black square on the Leupold 100 yard target. Once again I was very happy with the felt recoil on the auto loader. I shot the whole box of 165 grain Core lokt with no noticable shoulder tenderness.

I will work on the fine tuning to get about 2" high at 100 yds. It's great to have a reason to go to the range. :)

BusGunner007
June 2, 2002, 10:13 PM
Good rifle. Good report! :D

The Remington 7400 is one of my favorite rifles.
I'm glad yours works well, too!

robctwo
June 2, 2002, 11:02 PM
Great photos. I bought the Uncle Mike's swivels and discovered that the bolt holding the front swivel is threaded differently than the original bolt. It looks like you drilled your forarm to take a standard swivel Mine looks like there is enough material. Is that what you did?

Remmy
June 3, 2002, 12:32 AM
Yea, the gun is great, i have one in .243... I noticed what look like an aftermarket mag there BusGunner007, if so, where did you get that from?

Killer setup there! :)

BusGunner007
June 3, 2002, 04:07 PM
I did drill the forearm for the stud.
The aftermarket mag is either the Millett or Eagle 10-rd.(I went back and checked the photo---it's the Millett); they don't hold the bolt open on the last shot and I still haven't tested them yet. I was having too much fun getting good groups with the standard mags!
Thanks.