PDA

View Full Version : Specialty Shotgun Ammo

NIGHTWATCH
May 29, 2002, 07:45 PM
I think you guys will like this:D http://www.firequest.com

norielX
May 29, 2002, 10:12 PM
but I'd rather keep them in the catalog. This stuff is expensive! I'd rather buy Wally World 100 rd packs of Federal stuff and 00 buck. As has been discussed here before, non-lethal stuff is more for use by teams with backup, and not the lone home owner bunkered up in his/her room. Putting your life on the line with bean bag rounds may be a little risky. But if you're looking for money to burn, have fun...

Hkmp5sd
May 30, 2002, 02:59 AM
A lot of the specialty stuff is banned in many states. Check laws before ordering. I do like the buzzard T-shirt though.

Dave McC
May 30, 2002, 04:37 AM
This has been chewed over before here.

Some of these Gimmick rounds are bad for your bore. Some may be bad for you, WP produces lots of toxic stuff.

If used during a crisis, it may prove to be a hindrance in court.

Standard ammo works well, I recommend sticking to it. If you want fireworks, wait until 4 July.

C.R.Sam
May 30, 2002, 10:14 AM
Three things can happen when using "less than lethal" ammo. Two of them bad.

1....stops the bad guy...good.
2...doesn't stop the bad guy...bad.
3...Inadvertantly kill the bad guy...bad.

If a non badge wearer is justified in shooting somebody to stop them, might as well do it right. Not likely to have somebody backing you up with real ammunition in a real weapon.

Sam

9x19mm
May 30, 2002, 11:35 AM
This is almost surrealistic, and definitely looks like a liability...
“Macho Gaucho”, “Piranha”, "Terminator-X
", "Door Buster"???!?!!!
I think I will stick to Federal buckshot 00 and brenneke slugs but that, of course, is just my 0,2 (euros) :)

NIGHTWATCH
May 31, 2002, 05:34 PM
I have to say though, the "BLAMMO BLANKS" are great. Especially in localities where shooting live ammo in the air to prevent crimes or warn off someone is prohibited, these can make the difference of a few nights in jail or not. In NYC that is. These things are LOUD! :cool:

Brasso
May 31, 2002, 10:33 PM
Sant Claus just deliverd 50rnds of Choke 00 to my door. I'll let you know how it shoots in a day.