PDA

View Full Version : H&k Fp6

landshark
May 17, 2002, 08:10 PM
I finally was able to take my FP6 to the range. It functioned flawlessly and shot great. Very smooth action. The recoil with 00 buckshot was actually light and very controllable. I know it is not the most popular shotgun but I am very happy with mine.

norielX
May 17, 2002, 10:20 PM
So, how did it pattern with 00? Can you change out the chokes? Do you use the flip up sights to help you aim with slugs and buck, since they usually do not impact at the same spot? The barrel design is pretty cool on the Fabarms, and the FP6 has the controls on the same spots as my Nova and 870.

landshark
May 18, 2002, 01:04 AM
Yes there are interchangeable chokes. I have not fired slugs with it yet but I find the flip up sight is for use with the Ghost Ring sight. I will have to get back to you on how it patterns with 00, I was only shooting at metal swing targets. Just added a magazine extension, it now holds 7 +1.

norielX
May 18, 2002, 05:50 AM
I handled an FP6 at the shop, and I noticed that the flip-up sight on it could be used on either the "up" or "down" position.

landshark
May 18, 2002, 12:56 PM
I might be wrong but I understood the function to be; when you use the rifle sight leave the sight down and with the ghost ring you put the sight up. But I guess it could also be used for alternative sighting options with different loads.