PDA

View Full Version : Kbi Armscor Mak22 22lr

kidcoltoutlaw
May 9, 2002, 06:57 PM
it an ak-47 look alike in .22 lr.is it worth carrying home.is it accurate or just all looks.can you get extra mags for it.how about parts not that you should ever need them,thanks,keith

TwoGuns
May 9, 2002, 08:25 PM
I had the Armscorp M16 lookalike and have handled the AK22. They're all generally pieces of crap. I say go with a Ruger 10/22 or a Remington 597. I'm sure you'll be much happier with one of these choices.

MAKOwner
May 9, 2002, 11:45 PM
The armscorp things are complete crap. If you want a .22lr military lookalike, the only decent ones were imported by Mitchell I believe, manufactured by Jager. They made a couple AR copies, a Galil, and a couple others. They are hard to find now.

I had the standard AR15 A2 (round handguards) model, a Jager AP74. THey look and feel alot like the real thing, and shoot pretty well. Traded it recently for a SAR1. The Armscorp things are extremely goofy, and only barely look like the real thing.

Snowdog
May 10, 2002, 08:58 AM
The Armscor M16 look-alike resembles an M16 about as much as my dog's furry arse.
I was amazed that I actually located something as truly hideous as a Hi-Point. I nearly had to fish around for some anti-emetics.