PDA

View Full Version : Fausti O/U

BigG
April 17, 2002, 10:02 AM
Anybody have experience with a Fausti Italian-made O/U? 12 Bore w/ choke tubes.

It's an economy class but looks better than the competition around the same price range. Decent checkering, engraving, satin chrome finished receiver.

Thanks!

Omaha-BeenGlockin
April 17, 2002, 12:02 PM
If you are refering to the Fausti O/U at Walmart for $499----I would spend the extra $30 and get the Beretta 390 that's in the same case.

A 4x4 felt better in my hands than the Fausti did.

Why get a cheap O/U when you can get one of the top-of-the-line semi's for the same money? Always go for better quality.

Gumbo
May 22, 2002, 12:17 PM
Good advice Omaha. I was at the other end of this discussion. I have had a 390(not a wally workd version but not much different) for years. I just purchased one of the Fausti field hunters since I could not beat the price. I have not shot it yet but I did not see any problems with it when I took it apart for cleaning and inspection yesterday. It is rough as any budget firearm tends to be but it looks well built in its roughness. Mine was a display gun and the trigger guard had some nicks in it that I did not like. I emailed traditions and I had a RMA number within 4 hours. I am impressed with the customer service thus far and that makes me have even more confidence in this scattergun. I will be shooting trap on Sat with it and let you know how it performs.

BigG
May 22, 2002, 12:27 PM
I shot mine about 8 rounds of skeet since I put up the query. No problems except my aim! :(

C.R.Sam
May 22, 2002, 09:24 PM
Big G.....re your aim.

Have you patterened both barrels and checked both pattern and point of aim vs point of impact ?

Just wonderin bout the barrel regulation.

Sam

BigG
May 23, 2002, 06:35 AM
Well, Sam, no. But that would take all the mystery out of the game, wouldn't it? I can always blame the dang gun now but if I know where it shoots and still miss I'll have to admit my inability to shoot.

Seriously, I'll take it down to the rifle range and put a couple patterns up on the ol bedsheet. Thanks for remindin me of this important point!:)