PDA

View Full Version : Gun Caddy????

dw
April 8, 2002, 12:44 AM
I have a golf pull car that i would like to convert to a gun caddy for sporting clays and i could really use some help from some of you who have done the same thing. If i could get some measurements on how big you made it and if i could get a few pictures that would help me decide the best way to go about doing this. thanks
derek

K80Geoff
April 8, 2002, 12:04 PM
Uh... the ones I have seen were made from old golf bag carts that the shooter added a small plastic milk crate to the bottom and a pair of stirrups to the top near the handle.

They put the shells and other stuff in the milk crate along with the butt of the shotgun and placed the barrels into the stirrups.

Bad thing about this arrangement is that the barrels are pointing at you while you drag the cart behind you.

One fellow used a foam padded cup attached to the base of the cart and placed the guns upside down with the butt facing up and the muzzle in the cup at the bottom. He had bungee cords to hold the guns in the stirrups.

He used a plastic "Sportsmen's Box" with a lid fixed to the bottmom to hold shells. The box was fixed to the part that would support the bottom of the golf bag. The cups for the barrells were placed next to the shell box.

I saw one made from a small wheelbarrow:D

maze51
April 8, 2002, 03:22 PM
I recently discovered an excellent caddy that I used to transport four of my long guns and a couple of pistols, with all weapons left in their soft cases, and that caddy is the hard shell golf transport used for carrying golf clubs on an airplane. It is quite handy and the right length for guns 48" and under, and they usually have wheels. I also strapped it to my Polaris utility quad and took off through the hills to remote areas ideal for shooting, I live in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia and there are not many areas left.