PDA

View Full Version : fired an AR-15 for the first time

Jesse H
March 24, 2002, 07:43 PM
I beleive it was a Bushmaster, iron sights, the nice man that let me shoot it said he had a heavier barrel. It's amazing how easy it is to hit something at 50 yards. I've been shooting handguns my entire "firearms career."

I love it.

Dammit.

Now I have to buy more stuff.

woodland
March 24, 2002, 07:53 PM
Welcome to the fold! Would you like the number for the "My Husband Just Got Bit By The AR-15 Bug" support group hotline for your wife?:D No, really, aren't they awesome!!!!!! You are entering a whole new phase of your life. We're all here to help you any way we can. Welcome!!!;)

4V50 Gary
March 24, 2002, 08:19 PM
Positive attributes: lightweight (depending on the barrel, especially if you don't get one of those 1.1" DPMS axle shafts bored out as a barrel), handy, very mild recoil, user friendly and lotsa fun! ARs are great and kids and women love 'em as much as men.

Jesse H
March 24, 2002, 09:33 PM
ARs are great and kids and women love 'em as much as men.

What're you talking about, I still am a kid. :D

Well, I know where to spend my extra money next time I have extra money.

Swamp Yankee
March 25, 2002, 08:00 PM
There is no cure once infested with the AR15 bug. I have four in three different calibers and am contemplating an upper in .243 Win.

Only question I have is how long did it take you to stop grinning after you shot it?

Take Care

Powderman
March 25, 2002, 08:29 PM
Another plus--you can buy ammo darn near as cheap as reloading it. But, loading it can be so much fun--as you crank out the .223, watching the mound of rounds grow, and think to yourself how tomorrow you'll cap them all off...........oh, yeah, oh yeah..........

_YoYo_
March 26, 2002, 12:31 AM
I like mine because everytime I shoot it, it reminds me of my earlier days hopping down the street on my pogo stick... ;)