PDA

View Full Version : New CZ-75-i hope i didn't screw up!

Tropical Z
February 28, 2002, 02:17 PM
I got it,held it and loved the feel.THEN i had several people inform me that it was a big mistake to buy one of the Turkish military contract guns as they weren't made to normal CZ specs and in fact CZ has had major(?) problems with this run of guns.I don't know about what problems as i was so dismayed i left.Man i hope this turk cz isn't a huge mistake!:confused:

citizen
February 28, 2002, 02:38 PM
B.S.

Wanna know more? Do a search.

Engineer
February 28, 2002, 02:51 PM
I don't know who's been feeding you that stuff, but like citizen said, it's a bunch of B.S. I have both the military contract CZ-75B's and commercial CZ-75B's. There are a few minor differences but both shoot very accurately and haven't had any problems with either.

ronin308
February 28, 2002, 02:53 PM
I concur- B.S.

Tom B
February 28, 2002, 02:55 PM
I have a Mil Turk and its a great gun. I have a little less than 1K rds thru it but it has been 100% as accurate and reliable as can be. Its as good as my CZ85 Combat. Some had problems with keeping the extractor cleaned which led to reliability issues but very minor problem IMO. I have both mine for sale presently and whichever sells first I will keep the other. They are that close IMO.

railroader
February 28, 2002, 02:57 PM
Tropical Z, take a deep breath, everthing is going to be fine. My military is my most reliable auto and is 2nd in accuracy only to my kimber. Someone is feeding you a bunch of hog wash. Mark

monkeywithfire
February 28, 2002, 02:58 PM
I bet none of em owned or even fired one before. You just bought one of the best combat pistols ever designed/produced.

Friends are friends though, so you have to love em no matter how full of [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] they are.

Do a search on this forum. You will find it is one of the most beloved pistols out there. My turk is absolutely top notch. I have fired some nice and rare guns but my turk is my baby. Not the perfect chioce for everyone just a near perfect choice for me.

Good Luck! Monkey out!

treeprof
February 28, 2002, 02:59 PM
Relax; those people are idiots as far as their knowledge of CZ's is concerned. You've purchased a reliable, well built, accurate firearm that, regardless of price, was undoubtedly a bargain relative to other pistols priced much higher. There may be a tiny bit of difference in the internal finishing of my 75 mil compared to my 85 Combat, but they shoot the same. Even got the polymer finish on my 85 'cause I liked it so much on my 75 mil.

croyance
February 28, 2002, 03:19 PM
Even though CZ has become more popular the shooting public at large knows very little about this fine gun.

I think your friends are just jealous of the deal you have.

czhead
February 28, 2002, 03:23 PM
Please keep all CZ info as quiet as possible. If this best kept secret of just how reliable, accurate and well built these weapons are then everybody is going to want one.

James K
February 28, 2002, 05:06 PM
As a rule, military contract arms are better (except possibly for finish) than civilian guns. I would like to see some of the junk makers tell a military procurement officer that he has to fire a thousand rounds through each pistol to "break it in", or to send them all to the gunsmith to make them work, or to return them to the factory four or five times before they will work right.

One thing for sure. A sales rep that fed a Turkish general that kind of crap had better not count on leaving the country very soon!

Jim

Gremlin
February 28, 2002, 05:09 PM
Whomever fed you that particular line of malarkey has never owned one of these fine weapons. They shoot straight, the finish holds up great, they feel good to the hand, and they shoot 100% of the time.

Those crazy Czechs are selling a $600 gun for less than $400.

God bless 'em.

Enjoy your good fortune.

mbott
February 28, 2002, 05:58 PM
Hey Tropical Z,

What you heard was correct. You made a big mistake. Since I feel sorry for you, just send your CZ to my local FFL and I'll see that you are not embarassed by having to be seen with one. OK?

Seriously, you cannot go wrong with the Turk CZ in my opinion. When I got bit by the CZ bug, I ended up purchasing 5 of them last year. One was the Mil CZ 75B. One of the most accurate handguns I shoot. I haven't found a reason to complain about any of them.

Good shooting!

--
Mike

Eric Larsen
February 28, 2002, 08:06 PM
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You didnt make a mistake, by any means. You purchased on of the best guns made...period.
Shoot it , enjoy it , clean it and enjoy it more. Check out CZ forum.
You will like it over in them thar parts, full of them friendly types.
By the way...your gun is the most sought after CZ in history....its the best priced and comes with a Hi Cap mag........
Shoot well

Russ
February 28, 2002, 08:25 PM
I've never heard anything but positive comments about the Turkish CZ's. You'll like it.

max251
February 28, 2002, 09:52 PM
If you didn't buy the gun you would have certainly made a mistake. The more you shoot it the more you'll like it.

2kiddad
February 28, 2002, 11:09 PM
I "re-discovered" my CZ this afternoon. It's a Turkish Contract model. First time I've fired it in 6 months. Fired 154rds through it. I finished off with two, 2 1/2" 15 round groups at 25 yards. The last four rounds I used to drill a single hole at 7 yards.

Your buds don't have a clue. Tell 'em we said so!

GLOCKT
February 28, 2002, 11:27 PM
O.k now that my CZ-75B has resided in my household for almost a week now.How can you tell if your CZ is a Turkish repoduction or not?The left side of the frame says made in CZECH REPUBLIC. The right side says CZ-USA Kansas City/KS.Paid $325 for it a week ago,200 rounds through it,best groups right of the box, out of all 5 pistols I own (who's complaining,looking for one with the Nickle finish now)Thanks for the info.

Engineer
March 1, 2002, 01:28 AM
I don't think it is a Turkish reproduction but rather a production overrun for the Turkish military (others more knowledgeable can correct me if I am wrong). From what I understand they were made in '96 (look for the '96 stamped in the oval behind the ejection port), they have thumbrest grips and they should come with 1 10-round and 1 15-round factory magazine.

Tropical Z
March 1, 2002, 01:29 AM
WHEW!!!
I guess i'm and its OK!
Glockt,i've always understood that if your 75 says "96" behind the ejection port,you've got one of the Turkish contract guns that was made in 1996.The wholesaler told me it was one and if there are other ways of telling i'm sure we'll hear about it.Thanx everyone!:cool:

elliott
March 1, 2002, 02:42 AM
Let me tell you, I have plenty of nice guns. Les baer TRS, hk p7m8,
cz75b with the 22 conversion kit, the list is too long. But let me tell you that my cz has 15,000 rounds through it and it is one of my faviorites, never had any problems. Don't listen to anyone else, let the weapon do the talking. You will soon find out that this is one fine weapon and if not I will buy it from you with out a problem.

Thor
March 1, 2002, 08:06 AM
I somehow just have to weigh in everytime this gun is mentioned , I just love it so! I actually kept the original grips on my 75BMil and think of these Mil. guns almost as "collector's items" even though there are plenty around. I don't think you can even get them in M*******chusetts anymore with all these AG's "Consumer Protection" Regs!! It was the fiirst gun I bought too so it has that "sentimental value" too! :)

CZ Gunner
March 1, 2002, 05:44 PM
Join www.czforum.com :D today and learn more. Great research and information regarding all CZ guns and general ammo/gun tips too.

Happy Shooting!

Gunner

contender4040
March 1, 2002, 10:59 PM
You buy one, then another and another and another........................

Engineer
March 2, 2002, 03:12 AM
ain't that the truth! But at least you can buy a whole bunch of them without breaking the bank.

Shake
March 3, 2002, 01:01 AM
Pure BS!

Shake

1911A1 fan
March 16, 2002, 02:31 AM
They didnt try buy yours after they told you this crap did they?:rolleyes:

gwalchmai
March 16, 2002, 08:52 PM
Boy, I love mine! I just got a Kadet kit for it and got to shoot it today. It is as accurate as my Ruger Mk II, and will feed just about anything. The Ruger insists on "ball" only but the Kadet eats hollow points and Stingers with no problemo.