PDA

View Full Version : Auto Burst Device

_YoYo_
February 23, 2002, 06:09 PM
I hate to admit that I bought one of these things, but I did. I mounted it on my Armalite M15A2 and it doesn't work worth a damn. I don't know if its the lack of recoil(muzzle break) or if its the rough trigger. I mounted it on my C.A.R. 16" without the muzzle break and it still didn't work as advertised. It did make it a little easier to bump fire. I feel like I have been taken for my 25 dollars. Shoulda spent it on ammo.

Later

hksigwalther
February 23, 2002, 06:32 PM
You live, you learn, you move on. Almost everybody has bought some sort of piece of junk that doesn't work as advertised. I know I've bought more than my fair share.

Badger Arms
February 25, 2002, 02:31 AM
I've only found one of these "Trigger Gadgets" that works. None of the inertia devices is effective at all. I've used the GAT trigger crank with VERY good results. I'd suggest it if you want to 'simulate' full-auto. There is another called the "BMF activator that is a total piece-of-s%&#. The GAT is a very sturdy device that locks solid over the trigger guard and positively engages the trigger. Here's a picture.
http://www.flashdistributor.com/gatdemo.gif

Find it here: GAT Distributor (http://www.flashdistributor.com/gat.html)

Art Eatman
February 25, 2002, 09:21 PM
I'm strongly in favor of folks buying what they want, and doing what they want with gizmos and ammo--but these things strike me as nothing but a waste. A way to turn money into noise.

And nowhere near as much fun as a half-dozen sticks of dynamite under a five-gallon bucket of gasoline.

:D, Art

Kingcreek
February 25, 2002, 09:51 PM
We all wish we could miss a little faster....
Art, your idea sounds fun. closest I ever came was a surplus weather baloon filled with oxy/acetylene and lit off with a fuse.

Art Eatman
February 25, 2002, 10:20 PM
Oxy/Acetylene, huh? Did you know there are drive shafts from various cars where the I.D. is about the same as a beer can? Amazing results ensue after a bit of work with a hacksaw and a drill bit.

:D, Art

Badger Arms
February 26, 2002, 12:19 AM
Art, I bought my GAT expecting to burn up lots of ammo and not hit much. But, heck, it sounded like fun. I proceded to install it. I was amazed that I could actually walk fire onto the target much like a "Real" full-auto gun. I could also pull the trigger in the normal manner as you can see in the picture.

Wow, sounds like an advertisement. Never know until you try one though, Art. Really fun on the 10/22 with 50 rd magazines and a mag loader.

Art Eatman
February 26, 2002, 08:38 AM
Driftin' off thread: The feds pass laws which drive up the prices of full-auto weapons beyond "affordability". So, Yanqui ingenuity comes up with devices which allow almost the same rate of fire, but which are fully legal.

And folks wonder why I have zero respect for "Gummint".

Seems to me life would be better for everybody if we could work with government in an "all of us, together" manner, instead of continually having to evade and avoid its stupidity and repression.

Enuf,

Art

Badger Arms
February 26, 2002, 10:16 AM
Off-thread but interesting nonetheless.

I feel it boils down to the core of the issue. The forces in government who seek to take our rights away are really trying to take our responsibility away. They push for lighter sentences of those who commit crimes with guns and then try to vilify the tool. It is the heart of idiocy to blame the tool when it is the mind of the weilder that is evil.

Because of this paradox, blaming the tool, not the man, there can NEVER be an end to gun control nor a limit to its lack of reason. Continually the anti's will search for the "Golden Law" and all along, reasonable people like ourselves will circumvent the law. Students of the gun must attack gun control at this level to be successful.

Bogie
February 26, 2002, 07:00 PM
One of the coolest toys I've seen consisted of four 10/22 actions and barrels, bolted onto a cart. There was a rod with cams going through the triggers, in such a fashion that when you turned it, it pulled the triggers in sequence... You could dump 200 rounds downrange pretty rapidly...

Cost Today: $600 for rifles, $800 for mags, maybe a hundred for the cart, and whatever your machinist charged to work you the cams - They can be "bolted" to a long piece of threaded stock.