PDA

View Full Version : Wilson polymer KZ: Working?

adk
February 19, 2002, 02:42 PM
Does anyone have the latest info on how these guns are working? The model seems promising: 1911 system, lightweight, high-capacity, excellent company, good price. I'm hoping this gun is a winner. This should be the URL: http://www.wilsoncombat.com/pistols/kz45.asp

HKguy9
February 20, 2002, 07:24 PM
The KZ will be my next toy. Probably a graduation present for myself. I'd hate to point you elsewhere, but go to www.1911forum.com, there are a LOT of happy campers over there.

Jspy
February 20, 2002, 08:35 PM
So far so good with mine, but I would expect nothing else from Wilson. I would like to check out the compact version and compare.

adk
February 20, 2002, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm in California and I've been waiting for the KZ Compact to show up on the "OK List". The 5" is there. I'll e-mail Wilson and ask if they submitted it. I've used the heavier 1911s for years and I'm ready for a polymer or lightweight Commander. In any case, my next 1911 has to be a Wilson. I'll head over to the 1911 Forum and take a look. Appreciate it. adk

DeanG
February 21, 2002, 12:25 PM
ADK,

Got to handle the KZ Compact at the Shot Show earlier this month. Looks and feels great. Should make a great carry piece. However, we in CA will not get this one. According to Tyson of Wilson's, at this time they do not intend to submit it to CA for testing/approval. :( Sorry to pass on the bad news.

Good Shooting,

Dean

adk
February 21, 2002, 03:22 PM
Dean - Thanks. Looks like it's the 5" for me. I'm just happy there is at least one of them listed. ~~ I e-mailed Wilson today asking if the full-size California KZ will safely shoot 45 Super without modification to the stock gun. Does anyone know if it will? I'm told the USP45 will do it. Thanks. adk