PDA

View Full Version : P99 questions

sox
February 18, 2002, 07:22 PM
Hey gang, I need some help. I just got a P99 QPQ. My question is regarding safety/carry. Is it safe to carry this thing "cocked" with either the longer/lighter pull or short pull. I doesn't seem safe, by this I mean it seems even holstering the weapon could AD it. How does this method differ from their QA design? Is the QA basically the same pistol without the first shot double action capable. I will use the long/heavy DA pull for shot one, and that sweet short reset for those subsequent.:confused:

Russell92
February 18, 2002, 07:37 PM
i don't know much about the P99 but after holding one for the first time a few days ago i got very interested in them and have been looking up a lot of info on them. basically it seems that it's safe to carry in the DA mode of depending on your comfort level in the long SA mode. i personally woudn't carry it in the short SA mode since that's the same as carrying a gun such as a Beretta or Sig cocked in a holster. with the long SA pull it's kindof like carrying a glock since there's a lot of takeup and then the real real trigger pull. the QA model looks as if it has a short pull but a little heavier than the SA mode (from looking at the chart of trigger pulls on Walther's web site). the QA is supposed to be similar to the trigger pull of a Glock.

What exactly is the QPQ model? does that just mean it has a stainless slide?

P99
February 18, 2002, 07:46 PM
Personally I wouldn't carry it in SA trigger back mode. If you went to reholster and had a shirt tail sticking out a little.....bang!! This has happened with other guns.

The QA had an 8lb trigger compared to 4lbs on the SA regular P99.

Also QPQ stands for Quench, Polish, Quench. It isn't a stainless slide. It is carbon steel that has been Quenched in Tenifer, then Polished then quenched again.

P99