PDA

View Full Version : cheap AR lower?

Fatelvis
February 16, 2002, 01:33 PM
Where can I get a complete w/buttstock, Armalite or Bushy lower ,cheap? Any help would be appreciated!

Redlg155
February 16, 2002, 02:15 PM
You might want to check with these guys for a price,

http://server.norala.biz/
http://www.ar15.tv/

If you want the absolute cheapest good quality lower you might want to consider a Rock River Arms lower. I've assembled two within the last month and they are superb. You can get these for $205.00 for a complete lower. Either that or $95.00 for a stripped lower.

Good Shooting
RED

KPS
February 16, 2002, 03:37 PM
I second RRA.If you want to get it the cheapest, buy the stripped lower and install the lower receiver parts yourself.

Pvt. Joker
February 17, 2002, 12:09 AM
I'll add another vote for the RRA, Great lower... Looks REALLY nice, and RRA is shipping chrome lined uppers soon...

-Jared

Shin-Tao
February 17, 2002, 12:51 PM
Let's keep this going. What are some other choices for economy lowers?

Redlg155
February 17, 2002, 01:02 PM
Olympic Arms Lowers are another option. Roughly the same cost of the RR lowers.

I have yet to find a distributor who has some on hand. Perhaps someone knows of one?

Good Shooting
RED

KPS
February 17, 2002, 03:15 PM
I bought a forged lower from Century Arms.Not sure who makes it but it's a quality piece and was only $89 shipped.

Shin-Tao
February 17, 2002, 10:00 PM
Anyone else?

And where can I get a straight-pull or pump upper?

Erich
February 18, 2002, 10:06 AM
By all accounts that I've seen, Pete in NH from AR15.com is a good guy to deal with on RRA lowers. Here are a couple of his offers:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=83298

LONGRIFLE30
February 18, 2002, 09:12 PM
Another option (and you may not want to bother) is an 80% milled lower from www.tannerycustomguns.com All the metal has been hogged out and all that is needed is to drill the pin holes, and the guy rents the jig for that. They sell for $75 and are not serial numbered, nor registered. It is legal for a non class II (manufacturers liscense) holder to build one firearm per year for his/her own use. I plan to do a few of these.:D

Shin-Tao
February 18, 2002, 09:59 PM
Any of you done this? Any of you that aren't machinists?

KPS
February 18, 2002, 10:36 PM
Alot of guys over at www.ar15.com have completed them.Not all of them are machinists.You can certainly buy a new lower for less than it costs to build one, though.

TargetShooter2
February 18, 2002, 11:16 PM
Hello,
i would add PWA lowers to you list , i have two built in Bull barrels ARs , the fit and finish is a good as you can get ,
and they are a forged lower .

TargetShooter2

Redlg155
February 19, 2002, 01:53 AM
PWA post bans are pretty scarce, as the company is out of business. The Pre Bans definitely command a good premium.

I've been reading about the experiences of the guys over at AR15 and the Tannery 80% lowers. Definitely cheaper to buy your own. By the time you deal with the headaches of getting the pin holes lined up correctly, buffer tube tapped, rewelds and JB weld patches where you goofed, and then have the entire thing parkerized you've spent a good deal in time and perhaps a bit of money. Fun project, but definitely not something to do as a money saver.

I have heard mixed reviews on the Hesse Arms Kevlar lowers. Anyone have one of these?

Good Shooting
RED

DarkStar
February 19, 2002, 08:58 AM
Fatelvis, your original post asked about Bushy and Armalite complete lowers... Bushy complete lowers are easy to find, but Armalite does not sell lowers, only completed rifles.

Armalite does sell Eagle Arms complete lowers, same quality as the Armalite. But I agree with the other responses regarding RRA... I've assembled several stripped RRA lowers and the quality is excellent. I've done business with Pete_in_NH on the AR15.com Industry forum (Legal Transfers). Great service...

Fatelvis
February 19, 2002, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys, I knew I could count on ya for answers! For anyone looking for a cheap RRA lower, click on Redleg`s sites (Below my original question). They have the best prices I`ve seen!- 10-4

Steve Smith
February 19, 2002, 05:35 PM
Fatelvis, I've really tried to help you out, but you don't seem to be listening...do you need me to explain how to get the best prices on the RRA lowers again? If so, PM me and I'll go through it again. The prices you've seen on websites are quite high.

Redlg155
February 19, 2002, 05:43 PM
Hey...if you can get a better price than $95.00 for a RR lower I want in too!!:D

I'm trying to stock up by purchasing at least one every two weeks.

Good SHooting
RED