PDA

View Full Version : airgun scope on a marlin 25mn

tragik53
February 11, 2002, 06:00 PM
I bought a marlin 25mn about a week ago and didn't like the sights on it so i put on a daisy (stop laughing) 3 - 7 x 20 scope on it. I zeroed it in and it seems to work fine, but i haven't shot much with it. My question is, will this scope hold a zero for any length of time and will it be fine for now. I know it's a cheap scope, and plan to replace it with a better one later, but i'm on a tight budget for now.

thanks,
tragik

sleeping dog
February 11, 2002, 06:11 PM
I've never used a Marlin 25mn. I have a Marlin 25n (.22LR). Does the MN have more kick? I have heard that airgun scopes are built pretty rugged because of the "snappy" recoil in the spring-gun and because the recoil is in both directions. Your scope will probably last forever on that gun.

I have the same scope on my .177 Chinese 3B1 air rifle and it holds zero very well. (I have hunted squirrels inside the house with it. That takes confidence.)

Regards.

tragik53
February 11, 2002, 06:45 PM
sleeping dog
the 25mn is just like th 25n except it shoots .22 wmr. very little recoil.

redneck
February 11, 2002, 09:19 PM
I put the same scope on a super POS BB/pellet gun. Its much better than the gun was ( course that doesn't mean much when the barrel flies out like its a harpoon gun ;) )
Anyway I don't have much experience with scopes but it seemed good to me. The up and down zero adjustment got a little funny on me (doesn't click right) but it still works and seems to stay sighted in.

jiffypaints87
September 21, 2004, 10:13 PM
hey, i just got a marlin 25mn and i was wondering how i can make a tack driving machine. i mean i got a ruger 10/22 but that is just for fun when i want to shoot alot. so i got this in hope that i could get it like a sniper gun. i mean i know it ain't bringing down a deer or anything. i just wanted it cause it was cheep and it was a little stronger and everything. i was just wondering where i could find alot of stuff to buy for one. i am mainly looking for a good synthetic stock for it like a sniper stock. and i want a good bull barrel for it and a bi-pod and a good scope. so if you know any place i can look. if you could reply that would be great. thanks

LAK
September 22, 2004, 03:09 AM
Airguns are hard on scopes because of the vibration produced by the spring-loaded action. It should be fine on your Marlin.