PDA

View Full Version : .22lr test.

orlando5
February 8, 2002, 12:41 AM
Here is our .22lr test. Sorry for the delay. We had a lot of things to do on our hands this past week.

http://pound.docilekids.com/

Jamie Young
February 8, 2002, 01:24 AM
Nice. I plan on doing a Ballistics test on a Car one of these days.

Nalle
February 8, 2002, 08:00 AM
orlando5

great test, I´ll be doing one of thoose someday myself. My question to you is, why did you use 36grain HOLLOWPOINT for the pentration tests? In my opinion you´d get more penetration from a copper-plated 40gr hi-velocity 22lr cartridge such as the CCI mini MAG 40gr copperplated solid.

Or am I totaly wrong here?

:)

Platymingo
February 8, 2002, 11:19 AM
Hi All,
Thanks for the kudos on the web page. The page is intended to be humorous, while keeping the trials as well documented as possible. That said I doubt there is much real science happening.
I chose the bullets simply because they were the only thing k-mart had in stock. And Remington works well in my Marlin. I will try other types and brands of ammo soon. Orlando will let you know when I have some new stuff.
It was actually quite funny to hear Orlando on the phone as I told him that more than one projectile went more than an inch. :D

Plat

Dave R
February 8, 2002, 11:29 AM
I can add an anecdote.

I once shot Remington Golden Bullets at tin cans filled with sand. The thicker cans that canned vegetables come in, not soft drink cans. The bullets did not exit. But they mushroomed perfectly. They knocked the cans over if hit anywhere above the midpoint of the can.

So if you ever hunt varmits with the consistency of sand, you can count on perfect hollow-point performance.