PDA

View Full Version : How to fix a Pearce +1 Hang-up?

Ben
February 7, 2002, 06:43 PM
When I got my Glock last week, I couldn't raise the trade-in value of the Kel-Tec, so I asked that he throw in a Plus-One grip extension for the G-27. During the second or third mag at the range, the follower got hung up on something and the remaining 8 or 9 rounds just rattled around. I stopped shooting, and pulled the mag out. I turned it upside down, and all the rounds just dribbled out. Needless to say, I removed the Plus-one extension, but has anyone else had this problem? If so, How did they go about fixing it? Is that little extra "cup" they supply with the the extension really necessary?

I had no idea getting the base-plates off Glock mags was such a PITA. Now i just have a grip extension and one unaltered Glock 27 Mag.

Thanx,
Ben

Ben
February 8, 2002, 12:12 AM
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Ben?

Eric Larsen
February 8, 2002, 11:21 AM
I dont have the glock/ pierce unit that you do, but have a browning +2 extension I have used alot...they only work well and dependably with a Wolff extra strength spring in my guns...once I did that, no problems.

What you are describing really sounds like a symptom of the problem. The only thing the extension can do to the mag/follower/spring setup...is decrease you spring tension/rate by lengthening the spring.
The decrease in spring rate, may have had something to do with your follower hanging up inside your mag.....but cant say for sure as I have never had a follower hang up. The inside of the mag, where the follower travels shouldnt change and really shouldnt have anything to hang up on. If the mags work flawlessly without the extension...call Wolff and get a spring for
the +1 extension with a higher spring rate...it should function just the same as the stock mag and maybe better.

Thats all I can think of.......Shoot well

Ben
February 11, 2002, 04:19 PM
I appreciate it Eric. Seeing as it's a new gun, I've decided to just permanently remove the +1. The gun and mags/springs are brand new, so I'm just gonna settle for one less round... for now. I will add a basic grip extension to the other magazine however.

Thanx for the response.

Ben