PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Gold Label Side By Side

mparris71
February 2, 2002, 10:01 PM
Hi,
Has anybody held the New Gold labels, if so what was your impression? What are they going for retail? I have always loved side by sides but never could afford a nice one. I hope Ruger done a good job on them If so I will be in the market for one.
Thanks
Mark
:)

Chuck Graber
February 3, 2002, 03:06 PM
Mark,
A friend from another BBS posted the following as part of his report on the Las Vegas Gunshow.

"Ruger and their new SxS. Pretty little gun. Weight about 6.75 lbs in 12 ga. Jury is still out for me on this one as this was their prototype and it really wiggled around when the action was open. Barrels could be struck better. Action flats had lightening cuts all the way through to the cocking rods. Stock dimensions seemed none too bad. "

If they had the prototype at the Las Vegas Show, my guess is that production is still a ways off.

Chuck Graber

mparris71
February 3, 2002, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the Info, I will not buy one untill I handle one myself. First productions seem to allways have bugs. I am glad to see Ruger makeing a Side by Side I hope they do well. Maybe the rest of the pack will follow?
Thanks
Mark

Dave McC
February 3, 2002, 07:29 PM
All SXS fans should hope that the new Ruger takes off like a rocket. There's gotta be a market niche for doubles fans who cannot or will not afford the New Ithaca Doubles, the Fox, and all those others with the 5 figure price tags.

If the Ruger bombs, Satan will have hypothermia before the next US made SXS hits the shops...

rugerfreak
February 3, 2002, 10:37 PM
If the price is within $200 to $300 of a Red Label----I'll be getting one very soon-----more than that---I think I'll just spend the extra money and get a Berreta. Wish they would come out with a 20ga first--like they did with the Red Label.

mparris71
February 4, 2002, 04:15 PM
I hear you Rugerfreak I hope these 12 Ga SXS catch on and I am sure the 20 Ga will be right behind them. Still can't wait untill the local gun shop gets one in, Suggested retail is $1950.0 little higher than the over and unders. Is is more expensvie to bulid a SXS than a Over and Under?
MP

rugerfreak
February 4, 2002, 09:48 PM
It would seem that production costs as far as labor and materials should be the same as a Red Label----the new tooling needed for the SxS would probably be the reason for the higher price------plus maybe to add a little snob appeal.