|November 11, 2000, 05:09 AM||#1|
Join Date: November 7, 1999
The Steyr pistol has been racking up messages since Oct, 99 --- over a 100 with some fairly long threads.
I was curious about finding out about the negative comments and how many different people had submitted them.
So I created a simple score card to get a general pulse of the Steyr threads -- nothing scientific or extremely detailed. I did this in one session.
Since everybody knows I'm a Steyr pistol fan, I excluded my comments from the following stats, in order not to skew it
Category Definitions and Results:
1. Negative -- People who have shot the Steyr and do not think it's a mature product yet.
RESULT: 14 (note: 10 out of 14 messages were by the same two people.)
2. Theoretically Against It -- People who have not shot it, but don't like it based on handling it in a store, and/or based on others' views.
3. Theoretically For It -- People who have not shot it, but like it based on handling it in a store, and/or based on others' views.
4. Positive With One or More Complaints-- People who have shot it and like it, but had to work through some issues or a rough break-in period.
5. Positive -- People who shoot it and like it and are not having issues.
6. Curious -- People who are just interested and asked questions.
[This message has been edited by petej88 (edited November 11, 2000).]
|November 12, 2000, 03:01 PM||#2|
Join Date: October 15, 1998
What category did I make?
Still waiting for that big LE/military contract and a _real_ track record. Ya know, shoot 20K each through 6 guns like the FBI did w Glock, or pick it and use it and renew the contract a few yrs later like the INS/BP did w Beretta and the DEA did w SIG and Glock...
Shows promise fa shure!
Your stats look good, but so do S&Ms.
[This message has been edited by BrokenArrow (edited November 12, 2000).]