The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 26, 2002, 02:38 PM   #1
SKN

OR & WA Get Together?

Anyone interested in making the matches scheduled at Marty Hayes' Firearms Academy of Seattle facility in Chehalis, WA, as focal points for get togethers? I think we tried this last year at Marty's invitation but he made the offer about mid-way through the match schedule.

The 2002 match schedule is out and details can be found at:

http://www.firearmsacademy.com/matches.htm

I am going to try to get up there with a couple of local folks for the first match on March 17.

Another thing FAS is doing this year is to offer FREE Handgun Safety Seminars for newbies. See:

http://www.firearmsacademy.com/free.htm
Old March 21, 2002, 01:34 PM   #2
SKN

Belated Kudos to pax and Marty Hayes

Twenty-three shooters at the match at which the creative and challenging COFs were designed by pax and her husband. Thanks to Marty Hayes for putting this on, great facility and a well managed and safe event.

Six of us came up from the Portland area and we all got a lot from the experience in addition to five of us finishing in the top ten. We'll be back up as often as we can and will bring a few more shooters. I'd recommmend these matches to any who can get there.

Didn't notice any TFL/Molon Labe attire so couldn't readily identify any fellow TFLers. I only connected pax to the event after noticing her signature on the 'e' mail we received giving the match results.