The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 30, 2001, 09:04 AM   #1
longship

Ruger P95 High Cap Mags?

Are there such things as Ruger factory P95 15 rd mags? If yes, where does one find them? If no, who makes the best quality 15 rd mag for the P95?

I know some of you are knowledgeable about this subject. I appreciate your help.

Sincerest Regards,
Bruce
Old November 30, 2001, 09:22 AM   #2
David Scott

I have half a dozen 15 rounders for my P95. I bought the at CDNN:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com

but others aill have them too. There are a lot of them out there because the P95 uses the same mags as earlier 9mm Rugers like the P89, which were made before the capacity limits.
"As I looked at my two young sons, each with his gun, and considered how much the safety of the party depended on these little fellows, I felt grateful to you, dear husband, for having acquainted them in childhood with the use of firearms."

-- Elisabeth Robinson, in The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
Old November 30, 2001, 09:47 AM   #3
longship

Thanks. I've seen the mags at CDNN and maybe I'm blind but I don't see any 15 rd, Ruger factory mags that are designated for the P95. Also, does Mec-Gar make a stainless 15 rd for the P95?
I'm very confused.
Old November 30, 2001, 10:11 AM   #4
ojibweindian

From what I understand, the P89, P93, and P94 9mm 15rd mags are capable of being used in the P95. MecGar, and other manufacturers, do have 15rd mags for the P95 as well.

Whatever you do, AVOID USA magazines! They suck big time, to put it succinctly.
Old November 30, 2001, 03:33 PM   #5
Doc M

To my understanding, due to our skirt-chasing former president, no hi-cap mags made after 1994 are legal at this time in our country. However, mags made before the bill went into effect are still legal, just hard to come by for certain models. If the P95 does accept the same mags as earlier model 9mm's, then it is a non-issue. Just buy them. However, no factory mags for the 95, as it was developed in '95, and I believe went out for retail sale in '97. Hope this helps. Good luck in your search.
Old November 30, 2001, 04:07 PM   #6
David Scott

Quote:
Whatever you do, AVOID USA magazines! They suck big time, to put it succinctly.
One man's opinion. My half dozen are all USA mags and all have been working perfectly. Find them here:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/rugp89mm15st.html
"As I looked at my two young sons, each with his gun, and considered how much the safety of the party depended on these little fellows, I felt grateful to you, dear husband, for having acquainted them in childhood with the use of firearms."

-- Elisabeth Robinson, in The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
Old December 1, 2001, 10:11 PM   #7
RON in PA

A comment on the USA mags for the Ruger P 95. Because they were so cheap from CDNN I bought 4, eventhough USA mags have a worse reputation than Osama Bin Laden. Suprise, 3 of the 4 work perfectly, the fourth doesn't hold the slide open on the last round. For this pistol they are worth a gamble.