The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old February 28, 2010, 07:33 PM   #51
e-bear

a HEAD shot

My wife and I were hunting an invitational hunt in New Kent County, Virginia.
She was in an elevated box blind when she decided it was time for some relief. She always carries in her fanny pack a couple of those disposable pee packets that absorb the pee and kinda solidify it in a nice lil sealed up container. With the female anatomy the way it is and all the hunting clothes she had to deal with wasnt aint a perty picture, believe me.
Well anyway she was about midstream when she decided to peak over the rail. Lo and behold there was a nice doe just standing there at about 15 yards. My sweetheart kinda pinched her thighs together, picked up her ML and put a nice divot where the deers brains were sitting just a split second earlier. She put down her rifle and went back to the business at hand.

Just another day in the woods.

Thats a hunting story we will never forget. She'll be telling that one for years to come.
Old February 28, 2010, 08:03 PM   #52
jammin1237

i love coffee, good stuff... there is a time and place for everything in this world, hammerin down a pot of joe before hunting just wont do it for me... i prefer to stay high and dry
Old February 28, 2010, 08:10 PM   #53
dropthehammer

I try to hold it till I have a shot at a squirrel. Use caution on running shots.
Old February 28, 2010, 08:42 PM   #54
TheNatureBoy

I've been whizzin' in the woods during hunts for years and trust me, the deer don't pay it any attention at all.
Old February 28, 2010, 09:18 PM   #55
big bug

Gatorade bottle sounds about right because it has the larger opening to accomodate
Old March 9, 2010, 07:51 PM   #56
87mustang

pee on the tree you are sitting in so it doesn't make a bunch of noise instead of straight below you onto dry leaves. with a little skill you can make a quiet little river right down the tree.

or if you have a video camera handy, pee on a doe when she walks under your stand, that would make for a good laugh i have never done that..................on video that is.
Old March 9, 2010, 08:47 PM   #57
Kreyzhorse

I don't believe that deer are the slightest bit concerned about my urine. I ground hunt now days, and I usually walk a few feet away from my spot, but I've been doing it for years and the deer have continued to show up.