The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 18, 2001, 10:01 AM   #1
stick

sights

I discovered something the other night at the range: without my glasses, I have a hard time seeing the rifle sights on my 11-87 in low light conditions. That needs to change!!!

Any recommendations on glow in the dark sights? Tritium or fiber optic? Any body worked with the Williams fire sights? They appear to be simple to install.

Thanks
Old October 19, 2001, 12:20 AM   #2
taco

Fiber optic sights won't work for you because they need light to work. When the light gets low enough to really need a "glowing" sight the fiber optic sights won't be able tp pickup enough light to "glow". You'll need to go with tritium sight. An easy and cheap route is to get a tritium front sight and forget the rear sight. In CQB the front sight is whats important.
Old October 19, 2001, 06:35 AM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

While you're saving up for those expensive sights, head over to the hobby shop and blow 2 bucks on a bottle of Testor's Bright Yellow enamel. Paint up your front sight and see if that makes a difference. It works for me.