The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old March 27, 2001, 08:43 PM   #1
customfret

Great prices on ammo, but never had anybody ask me for a COPY of my credit card before. I'm a little uneasy about doing that, since they also have a copy of my CCW permit. Anyone on here done business with them? I'd sure like to hear if it's been a good experience. Thanks!
Old March 27, 2001, 09:08 PM   #2
Stevie

I have used them in the past, everything came out fine.
Old March 27, 2001, 09:22 PM   #3
Trevor

I purchased some ammo from them at a gunshow about a year and half ago. I used a credit card for this purchase and had no security problems. However, the ammo, reloaded .40 Auto, was terrible; it jammed constantly in my pistol. I showed some of these rounds to a knowlegeable reloader who said that the cartridge cases were slightly bulged hence the failures to feed. Oddly, they fed well (for the most part) in a Ruger carbine, so I used them up that way. I will not buy anything from Miwall again.
Old March 28, 2001, 01:09 PM   #4
Ledbetter

Another experience

I have shot two or three thousand rounds of their .45 and 9mm without problems. I shoot them in my CZ-75 (9mm) and a Colt Commander and a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec.
Old March 28, 2001, 05:03 PM   #5
Fred

Never purchased any reloaded ammo from them, but do use them yearly when I buy primers in bulk at the local gun show. Haven't had any credit card problems to date.
Old March 28, 2001, 07:28 PM   #6
PKAY

I have been buying ammo from them for many years. Never had a problem. Credit card purchases at gun shows are hit with a 3% upper (pain in the a**). I now use cash only. Interesting side note: at the show last weekend in Orange County (CA), paying cash I did not have to show my Driver's License (hell, I'm 55 years old). When using a credit card previously, they wanted my DL for ID purposes of course. Also, they used to provide a service for buyers who didn't want to lug ammo around during their visit to the show. They would tag and store it for you, and when you finished with the rest of event and were ready to go home, you just popped by the Miwall tables and picked up your previously paid-for purchase. This last show they refused to extend that courtesy. I had to dead weight the cans back to my car, then return to see the rest of the show.

The best .45 ACP 230 gr. hard ball I've purchased is from Bob and Bonnie Plonowski (gsreload@aol.com). Bob is a retired LAPD officer who, as I recall, made ammo for the academy range.
Old March 29, 2001, 02:56 AM   #7
Arizona Fusilier

Purchased from them a few times at Gun Shows here in Arizona. They swiped my card, no problems, nor did they ask for additional ID, to the best of my recollection. I don't know, could there be a lot of integrity problems at the shows you frequent?
Old March 30, 2001, 10:41 AM   #8
dalpra

I've purchased ammo from them several times at gun shows (using CC) without any problems.
Old March 30, 2001, 10:55 AM   #9
customfret

I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!

This was for an order through their webpage:

http://www.miwallcorp.com

I sent them a copy of my carry permit, signed the form printed from their page & gave my credit card #, but they refused to ship until I sent a copy of my credit card. My problem with that was that the permit was flat, so I could get it through my FAX machine & make a copy, but the credit card wouldn't go through. I live in a relatively remote location, so had to wait till my next trip to town so I could use a copy machine. Never had anyone ask for an actual copy of a card before, so kinda thought that strange....