The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 9, 2001, 01:33 PM   #1
SenderoFan

Hello,

I just wanted to ask if anybody has experienced problems with Burris scopes and service recently? I bought a new Signature Series 8-32X in Oct. 2000. It is currently being sent back for a third time since Nov. 2000 because it will not bore sight. The last 1 full turn in elevation does nothing. My smith has mounted two other scopes on my gun and they sight in just fine. Burris says they've taken it apart and fixed it, but it still acts like it did before they touched it.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this? I'm beginning to wonder if something is going on like either they're folding or have been bought out and then the quality goes out the window.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.
Old February 9, 2001, 09:30 PM   #2
WalterGAII

I bought a Signature 8-32X55mm with Posi-Lok from a friend at the range. He'd screwed up the Posi-Lok, so I sent it back to Burris. Shortly after sending them the scope, I called and spoke with someone in customer service and asked that they install target knobs while they had it. They agreed, and charged my cc account for the work. (I also asked that they completely inspect the scope and do any needed repairs/adjustments.)

Five weeks after sending in the scope, I received it back, and, behold, no target knobs. They offered to do the job with a one-day turn-around, but by then, I just wanted to get out to the range. The only thing that I don't like about the scope is that the adjustable objective is REALLY hard to adjust. I absolutely can't adjust the objective, while looking through the scope.

FWIW, I got a better deal on target knobs by Stoney Point from Midway. With the Stoney Point knobs, I can always go back to the regular dust covers if I wish.

Old February 9, 2001, 09:42 PM   #3
JimFox

Burris

You don't indicate what you're mounting the scope on - or what adjustment direction(s) are giving you problems - but one solution might be to change out the rings or mounts to get the scope more in line with the bore.
Old February 10, 2001, 01:04 PM   #4
SenderoFan

Hi Jim,

The new scope was to be mounted on my new SF Sendero in .25-06. My gunsmith mounted the scope and found that he could not dial down the elevation. The last 1/2 to 1 full turn did nothing. The estimate he gave me was that the gun would be shooting 20 inches high at 100 yds. He has subsequently tried two other scopes on my rifle and they boresight just fine. He then mounted the bad Burris on another Remington he was working on and found the same problem. I really feel uncomfortable shimming a base to correct the problem. I guess I was trying to find out if others had experienced this problem or if perhaps I got a hold of a lemon.