The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 5, 2001, 06:58 PM   #1
ATTICUS

I know that this isn't the trading section, but the reloaders are in this pond ...so I'm dropping my line here also,if you'll let me. I'm just getting started and I am looking for a reasonable (cheap)single stage press ,hand held primer,powder scale,case trimmer,vibrator/polisher,or anyhting else that I need. Located in Ohio. Thanks,A
Old February 5, 2001, 07:57 PM   #2
capbuster

Atticus, you might consider the reloading kits put out by lee,Rcbs and lyman. Not cheap but you get alot for your money. You might go to ebay and pull up their reloading section. You will find lots of reloading items. Also look in on auctionarms.com. Be careful, bidding can get you carried away and you dont want to spend too much for a used item.-Cliff
Old February 5, 2001, 08:31 PM   #3
ATTICUS

Thanks for the Ebay tip, I hadn't considered that.
Old February 5, 2001, 10:02 PM   #4
BLUE HORNET

Midway has a nice catalog of reloading equipment,also Natchez.I prefer a single stage press (rock chucker) I bought a kit at a local store and the guy was nice enough to give me credit on an upgrade from the 505 to the 10-10 scale.
What part of Ohio do you live in ? I live in Stark Co. but I have been in a bunch of sporting goods stores and gun shows all over the state. Would be glad to give you directions to the ones I know about. BLUE HORNET
Old February 5, 2001, 11:04 PM   #5
Coolray

ATTICUS,
try http://www.fmreloading.com they have the Lee Deluxe Pistol Kit has everything you need except dies get the hand auto prime also. Including shipping $88
Old February 7, 2001, 08:10 AM   #6
ATTICUS

Thanks gents-Blue: I'm in the Columbus area.
Old February 8, 2001, 09:13 PM   #7
BLUE HORNET

Atticus,can't help you much with store & show info in that area. BLUE HORNET
Old February 9, 2001, 12:28 AM   #8
Karsten

Atticus
http://www.midwayusa.com and get the Lee 35 anniversay kit. It comes with lots of stuff powder measure, case trimmer, primer pocket cleaner, scale, Lee auto primer tool and forget what else for I think $69. Lee dies were $19 and shipping in free.

Karsten

Hand primer is included in the kit. Midway also has a great tumbler...lost my catalog