The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 14, 2014, 12:08 PM   #51
Bozz10mm

I have a couple of EDC carry pistols that I switch between. A Shield 9mm and an XDm .45 3.8" compact.

I get to the range about once a month and put 100 rounds or so through each.
Old August 14, 2014, 03:13 PM   #52
Clark

Yeah, of all the guns to throw at the perp, the 10 ounce P3AT is nearly the worst.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old August 16, 2014, 09:07 PM   #53
5whiskey

Ehh... It depends. Sometimes I shoot a few times a month, sometimes I go as long as 3 months between range sessions. I'm LEO too, so I really should practice more. It's been tough, though. Work, family, and I'm finishing school... so my time is scarce. When I am in an on-again phase (usually during easy classes or in-between classes), I will shoot 500 rounds or so a month. That keeps me at the 100% level for NC's training and standards firearm qualification. Not that this is super skill, mind you. You're pretty good if you cut the times in half and qual 100%, but as it stands the qual course isn't overly difficult.
Old August 17, 2014, 12:56 PM   #54
Okcafe86

Not enough. I have to have a death grip on the thing to keep it from jumping out of my hand. Not a pleasant shoot. It's pretty accurate once you get some trigger control. (Pf9)
A-GANG/LOWER LEVEL MAFIA
Old August 22, 2014, 12:22 AM   #55
smokemup

Every one or two weeks for me.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did, and not screaming and yelling like the passenger's in his car.