The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old April 20, 2014, 12:05 PM   #1
BigRich

Need help with thompson center grips

I have an early thompson center pistol ,in 222ren. ,I don't hand load yet, cost for the amno is to high to shoot it. A friend gave me a 10 inch 223 rem barrel , now I need a forend and grip for it. What grip fits the early thompsons? I did a search but could not find the answer. Thanks for any help RICH
Old April 20, 2014, 12:39 PM   #2
BigRich

I see G2 and Encore grips for sale, will the g2 grip/foreand fit the early t/c frame?
Old April 21, 2014, 03:37 PM   #3
hoghunting

A G2 or Contender forend will fit your barrel, but you will need a Contender grip for the frame, the G2 grip will not fit your frame. If you're having a difficult time finding a grip, try ebay as they always have Contender parts.
Old April 21, 2014, 08:47 PM   #4
Fisher

I use the Pachmayr Grip and forearm for my Contenders. I like the gripper models with the finger groves. They are comfortable and absorb a lot of the recoil when I shoot the heavy loads in .223, 44 mag. and .444 marlin.

http://www.pachmayr.com/home/thompson-cont.php

This is the link to the Pachmayr website. You can find them cheap online, so don't buy them from there.

Jim
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and passed on ... or we will spend our sunset years telling our children's children what it was like in the United States when men were free."
~ Ronald Reagan
Old April 23, 2014, 03:06 PM   #5
Guv

Do you have a Bull barrel or an old Octagon barrel? You should be able to find either on ebay.