The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 13, 2014, 05:30 PM   #26
rdavidsonjr

I believe between DaleA and Icpiper you two have this covered and I wouldn't involve a gun shop. The surprise of pulling the gun out of her dads old case will be very memorable and if the stars show that is just icing on the cake. Best wishes sounds like great fun!
Old February 13, 2014, 06:27 PM   #27
bbqbob51

While the Wonder Woman presentation is very cool, it is a little unlikely and if and when that fails I have another idea:
Imagine her confusion and initial disappointment when she unwraps her birthday gift which is in a long skinny box and it's a new vacuum cleaner like a Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Stick Vacuum. This Vacuum cleaner is 45" long so I would assume the box it comes in is long enough to hold her new rifle. You can say to her, "It's about time you started helping out more around the house so I got you a new vacuum cleaner for your birthday."
The price on Amazon is only $19.96, cheap enough in case you can't find an old box. It doesn't need to be a vacuum cleaner, you have time to scout around for another box that is appropriate. I've done devious things like this with my kids in the past and it usually is good for a good laugh from everyone involved.