The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 30, 2014, 01:04 PM   #26
Garycw

Bart... Those are Wicked!! And would certainly do some damage to an attacker. I might rather be shot.
Old January 30, 2014, 08:52 PM   #27
pax
Staff

A friend of mine once set his pocket on fire with an older technology Surefire flashlight.

pax
Old February 13, 2014, 11:40 AM   #28
NCummins

Take a cheap cloth holster a sew it inside of her purse. It doesn't take much, just a few stitches in a few different places. Just enough for it to stay in a good draw position and not get covered up by all that junk inside. A woman has her purse everywhere she goes. Everybody saying the purse carry is dumb is in fact, dumb themselves. Most times you need a gun you are walking around. A woman more than likely walking to her car at night and alone, if she trains drawing from her purse she will be just as fast as most guys having to move their tucked in shirt away from there piece.
Old February 13, 2014, 02:59 PM   #29
pax
Staff

Here's what a purse snatching looks like. It is a violent crime, and a certain number of women are killed every year by criminals who have targeted their purses.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=9428201

Could this woman have drawn a firearm out of her purse as soon as she realized she was being attacked? What do you think?

Having handled many concealed carry purses, and also having handled a whole bunch of "just adapt your regular purse to carry a gun in it" oddities, I have to say her odds would have been less bad if she had a purse specifically designed for concealed carry. Even so – on body carry is better. And from this video, you can see why.

pax
Old February 13, 2014, 04:44 PM   #30
NCummins

Like someone said earlier, if someone snuck up behind you and knocked you over the head with a pipe it wouldn't much matter how you were carrying. The you'd lady isn't going to carry on her person and doesn't like the purses made for carrying. Seems like there is only 1 option.

In your video that woman had ample time to draw a weapon, the purse is still on her body when the video ends, and she should realize a giant man is following her and she is the only person around. Having a gun doesn't make you invincible, if walk around with no situational awareness it doesn't really matter if you are carrying or not.
Old February 13, 2014, 07:25 PM   #31
ddgarcia05

I didn't read the replies but my fiancé just picked up a garter holster and some type of belly holster from Can Can Concealment. It should arrive tomorrow. I'll tell you if she likes it.