|January 14, 2014, 01:11 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 3, 2013
For Sale Help
I wanted to post some items I had for sale.
In the past ive only done it once here and was very pleased
With the process of doing so and would like to do it again.
With that said, ive noticed its disappeared or has moved.. can someone please assist me with this? Thank You.
|January 14, 2014, 01:25 PM||#2|
Join Date: March 29, 2006
Location: Northeast Illinois
Did you forget to post your location in the title and in the body of your post?
U.S. Air Force Veteran
|January 14, 2014, 01:25 PM||#3|
Join Date: March 20, 1999
Location: Somewhere in the woods of Northern Virginia
Please PM the moderator for those forums, Shane Tuttle, with your question.
|January 14, 2014, 01:26 PM||#4|
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Central, Southern NY, USA
Your ability to post in the Buy/Sell/Trade forums was rescinded due to repeated violations of the posted forum rules.
I recommend, reading and understanding the forum rules and then contacting the administrator of those forums, Shane Tuttle, to see if he is willing to reinstate your privileges.
Gun Show Rules:
GUN SHOW RULES - All must read before posting in this forum
Posting Rules ... READ BEFORE POSTING ON THIS FORUM. ANY POSTS THAT DO NOT CONFORM TO THE RULES STATED WILL BE DELETED. IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE FORUM STAFF MEMBER.
Any failure to follow all rules as stated here will result in loss of Gun Show privileges. There will be no formal warnings by PM or email - your deleted thread should be warning enough that you need to re-read the rules and follow them. See the Notes at the bottom of this section for further clarification of individual rules.
1. You must be an active member of TFL. In order to start a thread in the Gun Show you must have been a member for at least 30 days and have 25 MEANINGFUL posts in the other discussion forums. In other words, "+1", emoticons, fluffed comments, etc. without a meaningful statement involved do not apply. Postings in the Gun Show Forum, with the exception of the Feedback subforum, do not add to post count. In addition, we expect you to continue to contribute to the forum. Using the Gun Show forums as a free storefront, without being active in other forums, will result in loss of privileges.
2. Providing a location in the title of the thread is now MANDATORY. For example:
AR Mags for sale in AK
(FL) For Sale: Glock 26
WTB: M1 in MI
A two-letter abbreviation is recommended. If you need to edit the thread title after submitting your post, press the Go Advanced button once you're on the Edit screen. (See Note 1 for additional information.)
3. Sellers/Traders must post "Sold" or other suitable term in your thread when the item is no longer available and close your thread promptly thereafter. Threads may be left open if funds are pending. (See note 2)
4. Negative comments about the For Sale items, the price posted, or the poster's hygiene should be given via the Private Messaging feature, or via email. Any member who posts such comments will receive a 7 day ban for the first offense. This will happen whether you have read this thread or not, and whether you are joking or not. We encourage all members to report such posts. (See Note 3)
5. It is required that firearms and related items are to be involved in the buying, trading or selling initiated on this forum. If a member offers a non-firearm tangible item or a service as barter in trade for a specific firearm, that is acceptable on TFL. However, offering a non-firearm item for cash or for a tell-me-what-you've-got type of sale is not acceptable. NO AUCTIONS ALLOWED.
6. If you have a sale offer that includes handloads (either reloads or new component loads), you must copy and paste the following warning into your post at the top:
CAUTION: The following offer includes hand-loaded ammunition not subjected to commercial factory pressure testing and quality control. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Neither the seller, The Firing Line, nor the staff of TFL assume any liability for any damage or injury resulting from use of this ammunition.
7. Please do not reply to old threads. There is no point in cluttering up the forum by bumping a 6 month old thread. If you see an old ad with something that interests you attempt to contact the member who placed the ad via PM or email FIRST.
8. Thread bumping for the sake of stacking it on the top of "front page" will be limited to once every 7 days by the OP. At this time, there are NO exceptions to the rule. If we even smell of shenanigans such as colluding with members to bump threads for you, expect privileges to be revoked in short order.
9. And last, but certainly not least, TFL's general rules apply here as well. You are responsible for knowing both the general rules and the rules of specific forums where you post.
1. Why locations are required in thread titles:
A. It is the responsibility of buyers and sellers to comply with all applicable laws, federal, state, and local. Providing a location makes this easier for both parties.
B. Ease of searching for a particular item. The Gun Show is a free service for our members. We want to make it as easy to use as possible. Members can search for any item local to them by searching the titles. By making locations a requirement, we know they will be able to do the search and not miss many items.
C. By requiring the location in the title, the moderating staff doesn't have to open every single thread to check for a location. We can easily see whether the rule is being followed by glancing down the forum thread listing.
D. Within-state sales save money on transfer fees and shipping. Listing your state of residence in the subject/title line, along with the item you are selling, makes it easier for prospective buyers to take advantage of this savings. The same idea applies if you wish to buy an item in-state.
This should not be construed to mean that these transactions must be carried out "in-state." It is just a recommendation to help our members locate the best possible deal they can get. All laws and ATF regulations apply to all transactions initiated on The Firing Line.
Your local ATF office can assist you with any questions you may have:
2. Working with Gun Show threads:
After you have sold your item(s), lock the thread so that no further posting can take place. This will tell any future lookers that the item is no longer available or being sought. To close your thread: while viewing the thread, open the "Thread Tools" menu and select "Close thread" (it should already be checked off for you), then press the "Perform action" button.
Note that you can also re-open your own threads; however, a caution is in order for that function. If you need to re-open a thread you closed because a deal fell through or you need to add a little additional info, that's fine, but if you re-open a thread that a moderator has closed for any reason, you should PM the moderator first before opening it. To do so without express permission could be cause for an Instaban (TM registered). Moderator-locked threads are very rare, but they are not non-existent, so the caution should be heeded.
We expect good manners in these forums, just as we do elsewhere on TFL. The bottom line is this: If you think the person is asking an insane amount, or is selling something you wouldn't take if given to you, don't buy it, and don't post anything in the thread. Do not disparage or add any demeaning comments in any Buy/Sell/Trade thread. We are getting tired of having to delete posts where members argue about the high price of the item for sale, or otherwise "crap" in the thread. Such posts are strictly against our rules.
Note to Sellers/Traders: If your ad has garnered unwanted attention (see above), contact a staff member rather than trying to deal with it yourself, as that rarely works out to anyone's satisfaction.
Still happily answering to the call-sign Peetza.
The problem, as you so eloquently put it, is choice.
He is no fool who gives what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose.
-Jim Eliott, paraphrasing Philip Henry.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|