The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 29, 2013, 08:55 AM   #1
CZ_Todd

Cajun Gun Works?

I have a stainless CZ 75b that I plan to send to Cajun Gun Works for the Defensive Carry Package and E-Z/D-9/40 sights. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Everything I've heard so far has been positive.
Old December 29, 2013, 09:04 AM   #2
BarkSlayer

You won't regret it. CGW is a very highly regarded shop that does excellent work.
Old December 29, 2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Pilot

Everything I have read has been positive, and David, the owner is willing to personally discuss options, and give advice. I would like to get one of the trigger kits at some point, and try to install I myself.
Old December 30, 2013, 08:35 AM   #4
Walt Sherrill

I've not personally used CGW, but believe it to be a good place to do business. The owner is a knowledgeable and innovative guy who has created some very nice CZ enhancements, and is a very competent gunsmith. He's also familiar with some of the Tanfoglio-based CZ-pattern guns. I've exchanged emails with him on various CZ-related topics, and he knows his stuff.

If a man's (or a company's) internet reputation means anything, you'll be very pleased with CGW.
Old December 30, 2013, 08:36 AM   #5
CZ_Todd

Thanks, everyone!
Old December 30, 2013, 03:26 PM   #6
chris in va

Awesome guy to work with. He turns an already great gun into a gem. I have a few conversion parts installed on my 97b.
Old December 30, 2013, 03:55 PM   #7
1hogfan83

I'm sending mine down as soon as we get back from the holidays. The self defense package plus the 85 combat trigger and short reset. Also some mepro night sights. I'm hoping to get a real keeper. I like the SA the way it is but the DA is horrible. I've also heard he sends pics through emails showing progress. I've never had a pistol that had someone else has worked on, minus sights. This would be a truly be a semi custom gun, at least to me.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe—and shudder. James 2:19
"I do not fear the man that practices ten thousand kicks one time, I fear the man that practices one kick ten thousand times." Bruce Lee
Old January 1, 2014, 09:39 PM   #8
Big Dave

I have one of his signature guns in 45 cal. He is one of the best out there. Super nice guy and very skilled. He wont BS you and support is only a phone call away.
Old January 1, 2014, 10:28 PM   #9
Aguila Blanca

I have two coworkers who own CZ75s. Both speak highly of Cajun Gun Works.

Tags
cajun gun works