The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old December 3, 2013, 12:59 PM   #1
Doug S

Remington 700 Made in U.S.A. ?

I noticed on my new Reminton ADL that the barrel no longer is marked "Made in the U.S.A. as they used to be. Anyone know if they are still made in the U.S.A., or elsewhere? Or if there is a reason Remington chose to retain all of the other old barrel stamps/markings, but dropped the Made in U.S.A.? Thanks for any feedback.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." Col. Jeff Cooper, from The Art of the Rifle
Old December 3, 2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Dc777

As far as I know they are made in the U.S.A like they have always been.

Paintings were made to look at, and guns were made to be shot. If you aren't going to use them as they are intended for, get rid of them and buy a Picasso.
Old December 3, 2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Doug S

Thanks Dc777, I appreciate the information. I was hoping that was the case.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." Col. Jeff Cooper, from The Art of the Rifle
Old December 3, 2013, 05:01 PM   #4
James K
Staff

There is no legal requirement that a product made in the U.S. be marked "Made in U.S.A.", but there is a requirement that an imported product be marked with the country of origin (milsurp guns are an exception). So if the rifle is not marked with the name of another country, it was made here. (AFAIK, Remington 700's are made in the U.S. and always have been.)

Jim
Old December 3, 2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Doug S

Thanks, James K., I appreciate the information very much. Good to know.