The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Thread Tools
Old December 2, 2013, 04:20 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: January 9, 2011
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 2,720
ATF Form for SBR ???
Application to Make and Register a Firearm

Is this the correct form I need for filling out paper work for an SBR?


Getting it signed by LEO, is this Chief of Police or Sheriff?

Can this be printed on two pages or front and back only? (my printer doesn't do both sides)

I have to mail in two copies of this? so I would need two passport photos and print two copies.
See user title
9mm is offline  
Old December 2, 2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Tom Servo
Join Date: September 27, 2008
Location: Foothills of the Appalachians
Posts: 10,623
That's the right form. Unless you're filing it under a trust, you'll need approval from your chief LEO. Depending on where you live, that's either the sheriff or chief of police. Make sure they do fingerprint cards and that they're filled out completely.

Everything needs to be printed two-sided, and everything needs to be in duplicate. You'll also need to include the Certification of Compliance, which is 5330 [pdf].
Sometimes it’s nice not to destroy the world for a change.
--Randall Munroe
Tom Servo is offline  
Old December 3, 2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: January 9, 2011
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 2,720
What is the Certification of Compliance? the page is dead.

This it?

and will I need two of these right?
See user title
9mm is offline  
Old December 3, 2013, 10:43 PM   #4
Willie Lowman
Senior Member
Join Date: March 5, 2009
Location: Uh-Hi-O
Posts: 2,475
That is the Cert O Comp.

You only need one of them.

Send 'em two if you want. Printer paper is cheap and if they don't want two, they can throw one away.
"9mm has a very long history of being a pointy little bullet moving quickly" --Sevens
Willie Lowman is offline  
Old December 4, 2013, 12:24 AM   #5
Senior Member
Join Date: August 31, 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,020
Send it certified return receipt, and keep a copy of the signed form. Pay with a check so you will know when the check is cashed and the process got started. Then be prepared to wait about 15 months for approval.
medalguy is offline  

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2014 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.06399 seconds with 7 queries