The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 20, 2013, 07:07 AM   #1
JimmyR

Search

When I try to do a search, I get an odd message

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
connection to localhost:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
Is this an effect of the server move, or something else?

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have PM'ed Tyme, and will copy his response here if it doesn't make it here first...
Old November 20, 2013, 09:06 AM   #2
southjk

I get this when trying to search:

Quote:
vBulletin Message
no enabled local indexes to search
Old November 20, 2013, 09:10 AM   #3
Brian Pfleuger
Staff

Search

Can't solve the problem except to say that the vBulletin search function sucks anyway. Use you favorite internet search engine and enter:

site:thefiringline.com/forums

followed by your other search terms. Works much better.
Old November 20, 2013, 09:38 AM   #4
Mike Irwin
Staff

As noted at the top of the page (but it's easy to miss it), TFL just moved servers.

That means a lot of administrative work needs to be done, and I suspect that some of that is rebuilding the search indexes so that all of the information points to the correct place.

Give it time.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old November 20, 2013, 02:35 PM   #5
tyme
Staff

It's fixed, partially. It's searching, but I need to keep an eye on it to make sure the search index updates properly.
Old November 21, 2013, 12:16 AM   #6
JimmyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Irwin
As noted at the top of the page (but it's easy to miss it), TFL just moved servers.

That means a lot of administrative work needs to be done, and I suspect that some of that is rebuilding the search indexes so that all of the information points to the correct place.

Give it time.
I saw the header, and referenced the server move in the OP. As it stated, any issues should be reported either here or to tyme. I figured I'd do both, in hopes that a) tyme got the message and b) didn't get bombarded with 1000 users saying the same thing.

Thanks tyme for the quick response!
Old November 21, 2013, 07:31 AM   #7
Mike Irwin
Staff

Good show, then.

I just figured you missed the message, as most do. I even missed it the first few times I logged on. Your eye just doesn't really go up there, and the black on blue is kind of hard to read.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.