The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 14, 2013, 05:39 PM   #1
Beginner 1960

Hornady progressive press owners

I have a old proJector press and was wanting to add some different cailbers.

The old shellplate holders will work on the new presses,have seen on amazon some new improved shellholders that they say will work on both the new and old presses,sometime they're descripions r not accaurte.

Can anyone set me straight on this?

My old press still opperates very good hope not to have to upgrade.

Many thanks 4 ur help!!!
Old November 14, 2013, 07:08 PM   #2
LE-28

Quote:
My old press still opperates very good hope not to have to upgrade
Do you mean you don't want to upgrade to a new press or you don't want to upgrade your projector?

I know people that own projector presses and they can buy shell plates from Hornady that will work on them.

You need to call Hornady and ask them that. Tell them what you heard and ask them if they will allow you to return it if it doesn't work if that makes you more comfortable.

There are a very limited number of upgrades you can buy for your press. I don't know of anyone making aftermarket parts for the Projector or it's predecessor, the pro 7.

I believe Hornady is the only choice you have unless you can find something on ebay.
Old November 14, 2013, 11:47 PM   #3
hAkron

I seem to remember reading that the difference between the two shell plates is that the underside of the EZ-ject plates have a channel cut out for the ejector nub, so the a Pro-jector models can use either, but the EZ-Ject can only use the newer plates. Hornady will cut your old plates for the nub for $10 or something like that.