The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old October 20, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1
bbqbob51

4wheelguns.com Anyone bought from them?

I just got myself a new S&W 617 and want to buy some DS-10 speedloaders and a loading block and Pelican Case from 4wheelguns.com . Has anyone done business with them and are they a decent retailer? Are their shipping rates reasonable?
Also, what are the opinions on the DS-10 speedloaders? I have a SpeedBeez speedloader and they are nice are are in the same price range as the DS-10 so I would assume they are pretty decent. Thanks!
Old October 20, 2013, 05:18 PM   #2
lee n. field

I've never heard of either, but they look like essentially the same product.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old October 20, 2013, 08:04 PM   #3
MrBorland

4wheelguns is legit. The owner is a stand-up guy and a big supporter of wheelgunners in shooting sports. Their speedloader and moonclip holders are top-notch.

I've read the DS-10 speedloaders work very well, though I don't have any myself (never saw the need for a rimfire speedloader).
Old October 20, 2013, 09:35 PM   #4
bbqbob51

Thanks for the info!
Old October 22, 2013, 10:19 PM   #5
charleym3

I've made several purchases from them and will again.
Old October 24, 2013, 07:51 PM   #6
mordis

I notice the sight says competition. Which revolver compititions require the use of .22lr? Looking at the speed loaders id say its some kind speed event, like idpa or some such but why and which ones use the .22lr??
Old October 25, 2013, 12:02 AM   #7
MrBorland

Rimfire steel competition doesn't require them, since there are no reloads on the clock, but one does have to reload between strings, and it's a nice thing for everyone involved to be able to do it quickly. Aside from that, I've never seen the point of a rimfire speedloader, which is why I don't have any.
Old October 25, 2013, 08:21 AM   #8
bbqbob51

I'm a sucker for gadgets and accessories

Maybe I don't really need speedloaders and loading a loading block for my 617 and I would sort of agree if it was a 6 shot but a 10 shot revolver just begs for it.
By the way, I did pull the trigger and order from 4wheelguns and I can recommend them. The shipping and handling was a little more than I like (I've been spoiled by free shipping from Amazon, etc.) but it was shipped Priority Mail and I received the package 3 days after placing my order. The loaders and case/block combo are very nice and I am going out to try them today. I'll let everyone know how the DS-10 speedloaders and Case/block combo work.
Old October 26, 2013, 09:32 PM   #9
bbqbob51

On the right is the DS-10 Speedloaders with the Pelican 1060 case/block combo I got from 4wheelguns.com. On the left is the SpeedBeez speedloader and Otterbox/block combo. Both systems are a quality product and both hold 100 rounds with the Pelican 1060 case able to hold 4 speedloaders which is pretty handy. I do think the Otterbox seem a bit more ruggedly built but both are overbuilt for the purpose.
Both the SpeedBeez and the DS-10 speedloaders are both great and work flawlessly. I think the Speedbeez might get the edge with being part of it made of metal. I think I'm all set to shoot when I go to the range!