The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old November 4, 2013, 07:01 AM   #1
Sheriff Gotcha

Any information on the Beretta ARX-100?

So as I was browsing around websites researching rifles I came across a rather interesting one presented at a 2011 Shot Show. Upon further research it would seem that a civilian version has since been released or at least was supposed to have been released this year.

Does anyone know anything about this rifle aside from the standard spec and review information? Such as if it's been released yet and if so where the heck can I find one?...

Later on today I suppose I will try and make some phone calls to local shops, here in PA, to see if they have any information regarding this product.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Old November 4, 2013, 09:32 AM   #2
tahunua001

considering that the ARX160(22lr version) is everywhere one would think that the 100 is out as well.
Bean counters told me I couldn't fire a man for being in a wheelchair, did it anyway. Ramps are expensive.-Cave Johnson.
Old November 4, 2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Sheriff Gotcha

Yea I can find the 160's on gunbroker with ease... tons of them... but there is not a single ARX-100 that I have seen both on or off gunbroker.
Old November 4, 2013, 05:24 PM   #4
tahunua001

I vaguely remember seeing a 5.56 ARX at my local sportsmans warehouse when it first went in but that could be wrong, I'm not too woo'ed by the design so I haven't been paying much attention.
Bean counters told me I couldn't fire a man for being in a wheelchair, did it anyway. Ramps are expensive.-Cave Johnson.
Old November 5, 2013, 04:13 AM   #5
Sheriff Gotcha

Guess I have to just try and contact Beretta and see what's up with it. I remember reading they only have a few distributors they are dispensing to, but I don't know if that's a normal procedure or not.
Old November 5, 2013, 02:25 PM   #6
5.56RifleGuy

Nothing yet. I know there was some discussion of them leaving MD, and I had heard they were reluctant to set up for production and then try to move. May just be a internet tale though. Beretta put up a tease video a few months ago, but still nothing.
Old November 5, 2013, 03:41 PM   #7
Fishbed77

I'm all for choices, and the ARX-100 looks like a neat rifle, but I just don't see Beretta carving out a huge market for these pricy things, considering all the other competing piston-operated non-AR rifles on the market (SCAR, ACR, Tavor, AUG, FS2000), most of which offer a more compelling package than the chunky ARX-1000. And that's not considering all the piston and higher-end DI ARs that it would compete with (LWRC, HK, Noveske, DD, LMT, etc.).

I guess I'm saying I would not be surprised to see Beretta quietly drop the civilian ARX. We'll see though - more choices are always better.