The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old August 31, 2013, 08:07 PM   #1
Dragger34

Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine

I had a Beretta CX4 Storm carbine 9mm with 30-round mag a few years ago for home defense, loved it, reliable, accurate, affordable. Had to sell it for a little extra money, but thinking about buying another one, .40 cal. this time, 20-round extended mags, red-dot sight.

Anyone have any 1st hand experience with them? Basic popular mods? Good place to get one for a cheap price?
Old August 31, 2013, 08:56 PM   #2
ZEBRARANGER

I've had my CX4 .40 for several years now and I too love it. I've never had any issues with it. I've always maintained it and kept it cleaned and oiled. Its a very enjoyable gun to have at the range as far as fun factor goes. As you said, its a great HD gun, Its reliable, light, compact, maneuverable and ergonomically very comfortable to shoulder. I don't know about affordable though, I know they were pretty expensive when I bought mine and I know they've gone up considerably since then. Mine uses the same mags as my Beretta handgun (90-Two .40) and its a keeper for me.
Old August 31, 2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Dragger34

That's a nice .40.

The price skyrocketed about a year age(Thanks Obama!) with the recent politically motivated threats of our gun rights, but I just checked and found some in the $700 range on GunBroker.

Pretty sure I'm going to get another one. Considered getting another 9mm, originally I chose that for the extra capacity, but with extended mags for 9mm AND now .40, combined with the fact that I have 9mm and .45 weapons but no .40, I'm going for the .40. Do you have any extended mags for yours?

I haven't found any ext mags for the .45, damn shame too, it only holds 8 rounds factory.
Old September 14, 2013, 05:46 AM   #4
Jim243

If price is an issue, you may want to see if you can find one of these they are about half the cost of the CX4.

Jim

Hi-Point 4095 TS
Old September 14, 2013, 05:58 AM   #5
ejfalvo

I've had one in 45ACP for years, never has any problems with a variety of ammo types. Only complaint is the low capacity mags.