The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 7, 2013, 01:20 AM   #1
wolfe 21

couple hk questions..

So, I've been thinking about buying a used USP for a while, but I can only find. 40 Cal guns and I'd like a 9mm. SO, can a usp be converted from 40 to 9 as easily as a glock or sign can? If not, does anyone know of any agency trade usP's in 9mm....
Old September 7, 2013, 01:58 AM   #2
Rikakiah

Just curious why you're so set on a 9? Not thinking you're wrong or trying to be judgmental, just curious.

I've got a USP40 and it'll likely get buried with me. It does have a bit of snap in the recoil, but it's not uncontrollable (especially if I practice like I should). Really, that might be the only reason I'd consider a 9 over a .40, personally.
Old September 7, 2013, 02:22 AM   #3
BarryLee

Looks like these folks might have one left.

http://clydearmory.com/hk-usp-9-v1.html
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old September 7, 2013, 02:39 AM   #4
JohnKSa
Staff

Don't buy something you don't want hoping to be able to make it into something you do want. Wait awhile until you can find what you want used, or save some more and buy what you want new. It's never a good idea to spend money on something you don't really want.
Old September 7, 2013, 06:33 AM   #5
PSP

No, the 9mm and .40 barrels are not interchangeable. Just be patient and vigilant... nice USPs have been in shops for a few years now in both calibers and at really attractive prices.

I found a really attractive trade-in USP at Gander Mtn a few years ago.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...939651&uf=true
Old September 7, 2013, 02:22 PM   #6
wolfe 21

Thanks for the info and links. I really appreciate it. I was curious because the 40 Cal usp I found was $549, significantly cheaper than the links posted. And I want a 9 instead of a 40 because of price & availability. I can get 3 boxes of 9 for what 2 of 40 cost me locally.

Oh, and my take it with me gun is a Springfield MC Operator that's slightly modded.