The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 7, 2013, 12:02 AM   #26
mohawkdcg

For me the main advantage is small size in a 9mm for conceal-ability.

The main disadvantage is the long trigger pull. Especially as I use trigger reset on the other handguns. The LC9 actually clicks when the trigger is released about half way, which seems like it's reset but it will not fire unless you release the trigger completely.

So I find that I release to the click and then try to fire and the trigger will not move. It takes a second to realize that I have to release completely before taking the next shot. This is the problem with using two different types of trigger actions....confusion and lost time when under stress.
Old September 7, 2013, 04:26 PM   #27
waymore

I bought an LC9 right after they came out and had quite a few problems with it on top of the lousy trigger. after 2 replacements from ruger I had no trust in it so swapped it out for the SR9c and like it much more
Old September 7, 2013, 05:34 PM   #28
pete2

I've had my LC9 for a little better than a year. I've shot it quite a bit. I've yet to have a malfunction, all hand loads. My wife and daughter have both shot it and it's more than good enough for self defense. The sights are very good for a small gun, they are better than some of full sized guns. It does have a long trigger pull but it's very smooth. It has a manual safety, another reason I like the gun-some don't like this feature. It has a magazine safety-won't shoot with out the magazine. I left mine alone but it can be disabled if you wish. So far the only thing I'd like to see different is to shave 3 or 4 more ounces off the weight but I don't see where they'd take it off. A 642 rev. is about 3 oz. less, loaded. In a pocket it feels like more than 3 oz. Bottom line is I like the LC9.
Old September 9, 2013, 07:31 AM   #29
Skans

Quote:
So far the only thing I'd like to see different is to shave 3 or 4 more ounces off the weight
I carry mine as well. I'd like to see them come out with a da/sa version that isn't any bigger, heavier, or bulkier. I really think this could be done.