The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 17, 2013, 06:43 PM   #1
IdahoG36

I installed night sights on my XDs .45 today *PICS*

I had a set of Ameriglo night sights that I installed on my XDs .45 today. They are Sig #8 sights. Sigs and Springfield XD share the same sight dovetail, and the #8 Sig sights are the same height as the Springfield "G" marked sights, so your POI won't change.

The front sight is green with a white ring, and the rear sight is a yellow Operator sight. They have a nice profile to them.

I used my new sight pusher tool and removal and install was a breeze. The rear sight was pretty tight, but once it broke loose, it came right out. The front sight was easy to remove. The new sight pusher tool that I got was easy to use, and left no marks or anything on the slide.

Here are some pics of the XDs with new sights installed-

Sig P239 357 Sig two-tone, Springfield XDm 9 3.8, Springfield XDm .45 4.5, Ruger LCR .357 magnum, NAA .22 Mag mini revolver, NAA .22lr mini revolver, 20" Armalite/Rock River AR15, Remington 870 Tactical Magpul, Swiss K31 7.5X55
Old August 19, 2013, 12:04 AM   #2
breakingcontact

Now, with lights off?