The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 15, 2013, 10:43 AM   #26
loc123

Ntg

Thanks for the suggestions but i have enough 9mm firearms. Looking for my first .45
Old August 15, 2013, 11:03 AM   #27
skoro

There a lot of good 1911s on the market these days and you'll just have to visit a few gun shops and handle a bunch to find the one that's right. I've owned five 1911s over the years. I still have the three Colts. But that's just my preference. They're all good.
Old August 15, 2013, 09:52 PM   #28
Stevie-Ray

I'm quite sure you'll be tickled with any Colt. None of mine have ever given me problems and I remain a Colt guy, even though I carry a Kimber.
Old August 23, 2013, 09:01 PM   #29
dgludwig

SIG has a nice array of 1911 variations to choose from that are priced reasonably and, in my experience, are well-made, accurate and reliable. Thjere are many other companies that make some very nice 1911s in your price range but, imo, SIGs are the best buy for the buck. The lifetime warranty and the good customer service record are pluses in my book.